GT Shockers tryouts (All Age Groups) Amended

All tryouts and workouts will be held at the College Street Complex - Fields G-H-I

[b]10U - 2001 (2nd yr 10U)[/b]    Contact: Bryan Sartin 409-749-9251

Saturday July 23rd 9:00am
Saturday July 16 9:00am
Thursday July 21st 5:00pm

[b]12U - 2000 (1st yr 12U[/b]      Contact: Craig Soignet 409-284-6809

Saturday July 16 11:30am

[b]12U - 1999 (2nd yr 12U[/b]      Contact: Craig Soignet 409-284-6809

Saturday July 23 11:30am
Tuesday July 26th 5:00pm

[b]14U - 1998 (1st yr 14U[/b]        Contact: Craig Soignet 409-284-6809

Saturday July 16 9:00am

[b]18U Gold[/b]                            Contact: Robert Armentrout 409-658-9056

Time and place TBD

Dale Williams, long time GT Shockers coach (father of Shockers Gold stand out Katie Williams, TWU commit) has agreed to handle player development for the 14U age group.

For more information please contact through private massage "Shackbully".

10U Shockers team will also add one additional open practice day to the earlier announced schedule. It will be this coming Thursday 07/14/2011 from 5p-8p at the same college street municipal field location GHI. Complete official tryout schedule for our 10U team will be as follows:

Thursday 07/14 from 5p-8p
Saturday 07/16 from 9a-12p
Thursday 07/21 from 5p-8p
Saturday 07/23 from 9a-12p

Our official 10U team roster for the upcoming season will be announced to all selected on the evening of July 23rd after the final tryout. We are primarily looking for 2001 birthdays but any 2002 standout will definitely be considered. All positions are available and we encourage anyone interested to participate in at least one or all workouts if possible. You will never know what you are getting until you actually try it out for yourself so looking forward to seeing you there. Please arrive early, bring plenty of water, a positive attitude, and the burning desire to want to bring out the best in yourself each and every day.

Any further questions, please feel free to phone any one of us for additional information.

Regina Lunceford # 409-499-2688

Shawn Adams # 409-659-8340

Bryan Sartin # 409-749-9251

To all interested participants concerning GT Shocker tryouts & weather,

Had a few phone calls yesterday wondering whether or not we would practice in the rain. Yes, we did end up working out after the lightning left the area and the kids that showed up were real troopers! Since it has been so dry, the fields absorbed the water pretty quickly.

If this same scenario happens again on the remaining three open practice / tryouts dates, the answer is YES we will do it again as long as the fields hold up and lightning is not a concern. We will NEVER jeopardize your child's safety if the potential for lightning exists but, our team should always be prepared to work out in light to moderate rain. We believe in preparing our players for those special tournament situations that they sometimes may be expected to play in.

I hope this has helped to answer some of  your questions / concerns. Looking forward to seeing you at future workouts. Any additional questions, don't ever hesitate to give us a shout.

Bryan
749-9251

I also have had many calls pertaining to tryouts tomorrow Sat July 16th for the 10U, 12U (first yr) and the 14U.
As of tonight we ar still on schedule to have tryouts. As bryan has stated we will do everything in our power to host tryouts SAFELY. If it is pouring rain, lightning in the area, or the fields are dangerous we will cancel....otherwise everything is as scheduled. We will be there at 8:30am.

Just wanted to say that today's try out, even though the weather was pretty crummy this morning, turned out to be pretty good.  Most of the girls come from different teams and all appeared to enjoy themselves.  It was nice to see them support and be friendly to one another.  Talking in the car on the way home, both my girls said they had fun.  GT Shocker practices are known to be tough and challenging, and as one coach said to my daughter the other day, "the practices from he@@".  Our girls want to keep coming back.  Any parents on the fence about coming to a try out, I encourage you to come take a look.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83