Dayton Head Girls Basketball - Open

Hello to all

I have enjoyed my 10 years in Dayton. It has been fun to coach Basketball and Softball and enjoy all the kids that have come through Dayton in that period of time. The job is open because I think it is time to be a DAD as I have an 11 yr old son. I am going to St.Mary's in Humble so I can coach my son as he begins his athletic career. I have thought a long time about this decision and it wasn't easy. As most of you know We have everyone back from our 28-6 team from last year. Should be 2 Great games with the HILL again this year. Have a good chance to make a run come playoff time. I will miss getting to see the fans from other teams who have come up and said hello over the years and HILL I will miss the pregame talk..lol. 

Thanks to everyone who has supported our Program over the past 10 years and helped us become successful. I Know Dayton will hire the riht person to come in and continue building our basketball program.

I just figured this was easier than letting the gossip mill begin...Not that that would ever happen on this site ;D

Thanks to all'
David Wooldridge

[quote name="whattheheck" post="1021169" timestamp="1309302712"]
Hello to all

I have enjoyed my 10 years in Dayton. It has been fun to coach Basketball and Softball and enjoy all the kids that have come through Dayton in that period of time. The job is open because I think it is time to be a DAD as I have an 11 yr old son. I am going to St.Mary's in Humble so I can coach my son as he begins his athletic career. I have thought a long time about this decision and it wasn't easy. As most of you know We have everyone back from our 28-6 team from last year. Should be 2 Great games with the HILL again this year. Have a good chance to make a run come playoff time. I will miss getting to see the fans from other teams who have come up and said hello over the years and HILL I will miss the pregame talk..lol. 

Thanks to everyone who has supported our Program over the past 10 years and helped us become successful. I Know Dayton will hire the riht person to come in and continue building our basketball program.

I just figured this was easier than letting the gossip mill begin...Not that that would ever happen on this site ;D

Thanks to all'
David Wooldridge
[/quote]

Thanks for filling us in Coach and good luck on your new challenge.  You did a fantastic job with that program and Dayton has some big shoes to fill!

Always enjoyed watching our girls play Dayton and Coach Wooldridge...I'm from Orangefield. Although we didn't play them much, we always had some battles when we did. This past season at the Nederland tournament our girls played Dayton, believe it was a semifinal game. Really good game with both teams playing hard as they always do and both teams getting after each other which made play pretty intense. I believe it was a Dayton foul on one of our players shooting the ball, but she had to come out of the game because she was hurt. So there was a delay in the game and the gym got quiet, I was in the stands and remember Coach following the official who was walking to our bench to see who was going to shoot the foul shot. I believe coach was actually walking towards our bench to check on our hurt player but after the official asks who was going to shoot the free throw our coach turned around and looked at his bench. With out hesitation Coach Wooldridge said..."Coach, can I pick for ya?" It was pretty funny and even got a smile and laugh out of our coach and the official!!! Just thought I would share that, guess you had to be there to really get it, but it was a calming funny moment after things had been pretty intense!!!

Good Luck Coach!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont