Lamar recruits win NC!

Lamar signed two players this fall that not only were a part of the Juco World Series Champion Navarro Bulldogs but also both made the All-Tournament team.

Navarro has 13 players who have signed with Div I programs:

P Tyler Mapes - Tulane (No. 1 starter, Conference Pitcher of the Year)
P Austin Pruitt - Houston (No. 2 starter, pitched into the 9th of the championship game)
P Tyler Carter - Houston (No. 3 starter)
P Drew Verhagen - Vanderbilt (No. 4 starter)
1B Casey Grayson - Houston (all-tournament team)
2B Christian Stringer - Rice
3B Wes Theiss - Houston
C J.T. Files - South Alabama (MVP, hit walk-off HR to win championship)
RF Garrett Autrey - Lamar (all-tournament team, hit .500 - 7 for 14 with 2 doubles)
LF Rory Myers - SFA
P Ryan Wysocki - South Alabama
DH David Harris - Lamar (all-tournament team, hit .523 with 4 home runs & 12 rbis)
P Corey Roper - New Mexio State

[quote name="geezer" post="1016671" timestamp="1307326667"]
Hope these guys batting averages hold up at the D-1 level.
[/quote]

Region 14 is a D1 level conference.. Won't be much different for these guys. Ask D1 coaches what they think of that conference.

[quote name="geezer" post="1016863" timestamp="1307400906"]
Don't claim to be up to date on college rules, do the JUCOs use the same bats as the NCAA?  I know there are people who say the NCAA batting averages were down this year and implying it has to do with the change in bats.
[/quote]

I should rephrase.. It's LIKE a D1 conference in a lot of ways. The top 2 arms on most teams are Draft or D1 guys, and typically 3-4 guys on each team on the offense side of the ball are D1 guys.

As for your question, they use the same bats.

Alot of the top players out of HS that wanted to improve on their draft status go the JUCO route because they only have to go one year and be draft eligible as oppossed to the three years of D1 that is required to become draft eligible. Nutty rule, but it really makes for some strong JUCO programs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83