All-SLC Baseball team announced

To nobody's surprise, LU is absent from the 1st and 2nd teams.  Congrats to Jeff Abt and Blake Ford for making the 3rd team.  But is this what Lamar has sunk to?  I know injuries took a toll this year, but this is beginning to be a habit.  The talent just hasn't been being brought in, and the conference standings this year and last show it.

Guest baseball25
kingsnake you are about to get hammered on here now, we aren't supposed to say anything bad towards lamar baseball :)

I agree the fielding and hitting talent does not appear to be what it was in the past.  Lamar barely has a .300 team batting average if they have that and I don't think injuries played a part in failing to score runs.  Fielding is harder to judge but just seems like there were too many errors in the outfield.  Infield errors are harder to judge because a fielder is more prone to get an error on what could be a spectacular play that they just don't quite make, like getting to a ball deep behind 2nd base and then making a hurried bad throw.

Geezer....when is the last time you saw a spectacular infield play at the Beck??  I don't remember any this year.  I remember a short-stop that couldn't reach first from deep in the hole, and I remember a lot of average fielding.  What I don't remember is any ATHLETES out there.  I love LU baseball, but this has been 2 painful seasons in a row.  Weak hitting,  lackluster defense,  tentative running and the most conservative 3rd base coach I've ever seen.  I did get to see my first ever triple play in person.  Too bad it was LU's poor base running that caused it.  I hope next season brings changes.  But I doubt it.

Guest baseball25
I know this lol, all i am saying is alot of baseball teams averages went down from previous yrs because of the bats........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124