Evadale vs. Douglass Game 1 Thread/Douglass leads series 1-0

Game 1 of this Class 1A area round best of 3 series will take place at Evadale High School at 7 p.m.  Douglass defeated Slocum 13-3 in their one game bi-district series while Evadale, champions of 24-1A, had a bye last round.

The winner of this series will face the winner of the Lovelady/West Sabine winner.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1010263" timestamp="1305337245"]
After 4, Douglass leads 9-5.  Apparently, there were several questionable calls and Coach Williams agreed as he was ejected.
[/quote]Coach Will is top notch as far as im concerned. I have always had nothing but respect for this man and that respect has grown even more after what I seen tonight. Excellent job Coach Will. Way to stand up for your boys.

Evadale puts up a furious rally in the Bottom of the 7th, but falls short, 13-11.

Reb, Coach Williams is known by all to be a great guy. So for him to actually lose it to the point of being ejected tells me ALL I need to know about the umpiring y'all had tonight.

A shocking turn of events! This sportswriter feels that the Rebels indeed have the squad to completely and utterly turn things around and get a victory in the series. However, back to my original and non-banal posts from earlier...Do the Rebels have enough deep pitching to propel them back to the zenith of the state championship like they did last year? Sure they have offensive potency, but to win at this stratum requires three or four invaluable arms. The loss of such key and worthful players from last year may indeed be the expiration of this talented group of young men. I hope not! It would indeed be a catastrophic endeavor if this group of athletes never hoist a championship banner like so many expect them too.

Douglas recorded 11 hits (too many).  Evadale recorded 10 hits (should  be enough to win).  Douglas recorded 3 errors, kinda sloppy.  Evadale recorded 7 errors, UHHHHHH. 

Get your heads screwed on Rebs and show em you can play baseball!  We've seen it for the last 3 seasons, now go take two the hard way!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder