Evadale vs Douglas

Thank you BigMo for the information. I will be waiting with unbridled enthusiasm at the results of this contest because I will not be making the journey to witness this in person. Please keep the public informed about the tally of this playoff baseball game.

I have to be frank..i dont think Douglass can beat Evadale. This will not be a gargantuan surprise to many people, but speaking from a non-biased and non-partisan opinion..Douglass will have to play an incredible and somewhat non-propitious series to stand a chance.

[quote name="Howard" post="1008182" timestamp="1304984780"]
I have to be frank..i dont think Douglass can beat Evadale. This will not be a gargantuan surprise to many people, but speaking from a non-biased and non-partisan opinion..Douglass will have to play an incredible and somewhat non-propitious series to stand a chance.
[/quote]

No, you can't be frank...Frank is Frank...and Don is Dandy.

[quote name="Hardwood Houdini" post="1008091" timestamp="1304970763"]
i think this is going to be a hard faught game both teams are very evenly matched bouth can hit 1-9 and are solid in the field but i still have evadale in two hard faught games
[/quote]

The hitting by the 1-9 batters was something we heard about with Broadus in last weeks warm up game and they got three runs and had 10 strike outs against Rebel pitching.

I am not worried about this round. I believe the Rebel take this series 2-0

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1008264" timestamp="1304997713"]
Evadale, I see we both should make the trip to Round Rock again....  What do you say? ;) 8)
[/quote]
I say i look forward to seeing yal up there agin with us for the second year now :)

[quote name="Hardwood Houdini" post="1008266" timestamp="1304997941"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=84090.msg1008264#msg1008264 date=1304997713]
Evadale, I see we both should make the trip to Round Rock again....  What do you say? ;) 8)
[/quote]
I say i look forward to seeing yal up there agin with us for the second year now :)
[/quote]

Y'all need to do like we did...  We made it in 09' and lost, so we came back the next year (10') and won.  Good luck in the playoffs!  Hope to see y'all there again in early June....

The winner of this series will draw the winner of the West Sabine/Lovelady series. Based on these teams reputations alone I think all three games will be needed. Whoever has the most pitching depth will win in my opinion. The West Sabine/Lovelady series will be a home-in-home, with game 1 Thursday @ Lovelady (6:30pm) and game(s) 2 and potentially 3 at Pineland starting Saturday @ noon. We have a new baseball field that is a great venue on which to play. If any of you are in or around Pineland on Saturday stop by and take a gander at our new digs!!!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1008257" timestamp="1304997032"]
[quote author=Hardwood Houdini link=topic=84090.msg1008091#msg1008091 date=1304970763]
i think this is going to be a hard faught game both teams are very evenly matched bouth can hit 1-9 and are solid in the field but i still have evadale in two hard faught games
[/quote]

The hitting by the 1-9 batters was something we heard about with Broadus in last weeks warm up game and they got three runs and had 10 strike outs against Rebel pitching.

I am not worried about this round. I believe the Rebel take this series 2-0
[/quote]
Thats because the kid that posted that Broaddaus could hit 1-9 has never seen good pitching that can actually put the ball where they want it and have outfielders that back there pitcher up... I play on the same team as the player who posted that and I pitched against broddaus and had 6 or 7 strikeouts and only gave up 7 actual hits the rest were errors and they scored 18 runs... Evadale however is a great team all round and all i have left to say is good luck on ur playoff runs and win state for the Seniors u have come to far to let them down now

[quote name="SportsN3rd" post="1008289" timestamp="1305007610"]
Douglass in 3 games... I think all of y'all are overlooking them. They have a pretty stout 1A team. Don't go by their record.
[/quote]If you have any idea of Coach Mark Williams, the Rebels will not over-look anyone.  He will have em prepared and they will know what kind of pitchers and hitters they'll face.  They may loose (but I doubt it) but it wont be due to over confidence.

there only hole is there shortstope if he is on than you can't get a ball by him but if he is off well than he will have 10 or 12 errors there is no in between for him so he will be a big factor in if they get the big W or go home empty handed

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder