Evadale VS Broaddus warm up game

I agree with the Bulldog...however, these Rebels are indeed a true enigma and they know what it takes to win in the big games. I suspect that they will go far. But to win state after losing so many players? So many key players? I know it has been said that the JV program is indeed up to par and that those who have replaced them have done an admirable job..with that said..let us play, let us consiously view these very playoff games. Then, and only then with incredible curiosity, will we be able to exclaim that the Rebels are indeed the best team in the vast state of Texas.

[quote name="Howard" post="1006439" timestamp="1304649350"]
I agree with the Bulldog...however, these Rebels are indeed a true enigma and they know what it takes to win in the big games. I suspect that they will go far. But to win state after losing so many players? So many key players? I know it has been said that the JV program is indeed up to par and that those who have replaced them have done an admirable job..with that said..let us play, let us consiously view these very playoff games. Then, and only then with incredible curiosity, will we be able to exclaim that the Rebels are indeed the best team in the vast state of Texas.
[/quote]

Oh silly Howard!
I would ask what you think is so many players? It was four to be exact and I can not see where the team has skipped a beat since last season. Are they a different team? Yes as is every team no matter what classification they play in. The two juniors that replaced senior outfielders from last year are doing a good job keeping the ball in play. The sophomore that replaced the senior 2nd baseman has been consistant and a good bat in the bottom third of the lineup. The committee that has replaced the senior pitcher has not lost in 15 straight games and the only loss the Rebels suffered this season came on the Saturday after the basketball team came back from Austin on Wednesday.

This group of Rebels has been to the last two state tournaments, baseball 2010 and basketball 2011. They reached the regional quarterfinal in football this school year. This is an exceptional group of athletes that have posted an 80% winning percentage in all sports during their four years of high school. That is very impressive when you take into consideration the struggles in basketball their freshmen and sophomore years. I do not see this team falling short of their goal again.

The Rebels have to continue to take each opponent one at a time, but I believe that at the end of each series they will be singing yours and Dandy Don's favorite tune to their opponents..."Turn out the lights the parties over...It's time that all good things should end..."

JMO mind you, but with this team and these players I can say I have been right 8 out of every 10 times 

An exceptionaly fine and illuminating post this reporter must say about the man known as Rebel Yeller. Your gasconade about the baseball Rebel squad is one that all true fans must read and admire. I will be following the young men with interest. However, 4 starters on a baseball group is a rather large total. With that being said, The best of chance to the group and may they exemplify the town known as Evadale, Texas with pride and plum.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn