Lumberton 46 OF 44 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

Guest bleed orange

In the Orangefield, Lumberton game, a Orangefield girl stole the ball from an Lumberton girl. In frustration the Lumerton girl tackled the Orangefield girl. If that is not an intentional foul, then what is? Can someone explain this to me. Before anyone jumps on me, I am not whinning. When we beat central I said the officiating was inconsistent and it is stll that way. They call a tick tac foul then won't call a mugging underneath the basket. They called it that way for both teams so its not like I am saying we got hosed by home town officials. I am just a little disappointed in the officiating. They let them play way to ruff and they let them travel and walk all the time like this is the WNBA or something. Look just be more consistent guy's, that all I am asking before someone gets hurt.

In the Orangefield' date=' Lumberton game, a Orangefield girl stole the ball from an Lumberton girl. In frustration the Lumerton girl tackled the Orangefield girl. If that is not an intentional foul, then what is? Can someone explain this to me. Before anyone jumps on me, I am not whinning. When we beat central I said the officiating was inconsistent and it is stll that way. They call a tick tac foul then won't call a mugging underneath the basket. They called it that way for both teams so its not like I am saying we got hosed by home town officials. I am just a little disappointed in the officiating. They let them play way to ruff and they let them travel and walk all the time like this is the WNBA or something. Look just be more consistent guy's, that all I am asking before someone gets hurt.[/quote']

I know the Officials Association is always looking for officials. They never have enough to do all the games and it is getting harder and harder to get people to call games. Mainly because the FANS have gotten so UN-RULY that most people can't take the heat during a game so they don't want to officiate. I can't realy blame them. Basketball has changed from the past years. It is a rougher more physical game now and it is played at a much faster pace than say 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. So, the calling has suffered do mainly to the style of the game being played. But, I agree, I have seen some poor officials in the past few years, but I don't know what the answer is and I don't know how the schools should control their fans either. But something has to give.

Guest bleed orange

I agree the fans have gotten out of control. I do know that there is a shortage of officials not only in basketball but football also. Believe me I am not bad mouthing them because I was an football official for 10 years. I don't scream at them during a game because I have been there. I just wish the game was a little cleaner. By letting the kids play ruff they are forgetting how to play defense. I do not have the answer either.

Sorry, Bleedorange, but that sounds alot like whining to me. There are many calls during the course of that game that both sides could argue with. Your team was down six or so late, and got back to a tie by fouls called, and clutch free throws made by your team. Those fouls happened 10 feet from where I was sitting, and I could argue about them even being called.

I was not close to where Chelsea and the OF player got tangled up, but the ref called the foul. But the OF fans wanted intentional. Anyone that watches bb should know that you are not going to get intentional very often. Usually only if it prevents a score, and this happened in the back court.

The OF fans reaction to that foul call in their favor, was to stand up and loudly boo the officials. Not a real classy display.

But back to the point, the refs are gonna blow calls both ways during every game. I thought that the game could have gone to either team. Both teams played well enough to win. Lumberton just got the last shot. The refs did not decide the game either way.

OF and Lumberton will both go far this season. Games like this make champions!

It is not whining to ask why an intentional was not called when one player blatantly tackles another from behind. She was just mad the ball was stolen and she could have easily hurt the Orangefield player. It would have been a shame to suffer a season ending injury in a game that doesn't matter. Luckily that didn't happen. As to the questionable fouls called, there were many on both sides. Lumberton had a lot points from foul shots (I think Chelsea had about 11?) and those points contributed to their win as much as Orangefield missing most of theirs did. There was a problem with inconsistant calls. The refs didn't call an obvious foul, but called one on a little bump. It's all in their perception of what a foul is, so it will never be perfect.

That was an intentional foul, it happened at half court and if the Lumberton girl does not tackle the Orangefield girl it's a layup on the other end...so by what your saying it should have been called an intentional foul.

And you can't sit here and tell me that if the roles were reversed, and an Orangefield kid tackled a Lumberton kid that your reaction wouldn't have been the same. I too thought some of our fans went a little overboard but that doesn't make us classless.

One last thing, I don't think I've seen any Orangefield people on this board saying that the reason we lost the game was because of the officials. Someone stated that the officials were very inconsistant and bad calls were called both ways. The reason Orangefield lost the game was because of missed free throws and no other reason.

Guest bleed orange

Maybe you should read my post more closely. I never said officating cost us the game. Get your facts strait before you mouth off. I complained about the officating in the central game and we won. Inconsistent calls were made on both side of the ball. The call should have been intentional, now do I think she did it intentionally, no. She did it out frustration and I know that. I know the girl personally and she is a good kid. It was just the heat of the battle. But the offical who made the call blew it. One more thing, Its kind of sad that your girls have a very good team, went to state last year and there was only about 25 people at the game. We maybe loud but atleast we support our team.

I agree, with probably the 2 best teams in the area playing, I assumed that the gym would be packed by both sides. I was very dissapointed for the Lumberton kids, that there was no more fan support for them. They are a class act from their coach to the kids. On the other hand, OF has a ton of support and we get to the game early, and cheer loudly. I would say that makes us great fans, not classless. Even though there are fans from every community that may go a little overboard on their cheering, OF is a place that I am proud to be from. I looked around Sat and saw people there that didn't even know kids on the OF team, but were there to support them because they are from OF.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami