Rebel Yelling!

As the 2010-2011 school year comes to a close I just have to give a shout out to my beloved Rebels for a year that our community will not soon forget. There have been plenty of memorable things that have happened this year in SETXSports country. We have had to deal with a couple of tragic and untimely deaths. We have seen coaching moves in a couple of great programs but i would be remiss if I did not point out that the Rebels have been the most successful school across the board since school ended in June of 2010 until today.

June 2010 - The Rebels baseball team ended the season as he State Runner up falling in the State Championship game
October 2010 - The Lady Rebels won the district volleyball championship before falling in the area round
November 2010 - The Rebels won their 4th straight district football title and advanced to the Regional Quarterfinal round before
                          being eliminated by the evential State Champions, Falls City
February 2011 - The Lady Rebels won their forth stright district basketball championship advancing to the Regional Quarterfinal round
March 2011 - The Rebels won their first district basketball championship in 10 years and advanced all the way to the State Semi Final
                        before being eliminated by evential State Champion - Clyde Eula. Who knows if the Rebels could have pulled out a
                        an overtime win if the referees had in fact waved off the shot that never was at the end of regulation.
                        The Rebels were chosen as the #2 team in the final poll above Tenaha, who played Eula in the State Final.
April 2011 - The Rebels won their 2nd straight district track championship.
April 2011 - The Rebel track team finished 2nd in the Area track meet falling only to district rival, West Hardin
April 2011 - The Lady Rebels finished 3rd in the softball district race with no seniors on the team and having to repace 5 starters       
                from 2010's Area Finalist team.
April 2011 - The Rebel baseball team captures its 3rd straight undisputed district baseball championship and remains on track to go 
                undefeated for the third straight year. The team is currently ranked #4 in the state withe the playoffs still to come.
Several track athletes are still participating in this weekends Regional track meet.

Evadale is currently in rd place for the UIL's Lone Star Cup which is awarded to one school from each classification that has the greatest success in UIL activities throughout the year. They are 2 points out of 2nd and 6 points out of 1st.

I am proud of all the SETX athletes and coaches, but I had to brag just a bit about the Rebels and hope that the success that they have had this year continues for many years to come.

GREAT JOB REBELS AND LADY REBELS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder