I saw something special last night!!!

Well I went out to take in a game of the up and comers U12's... I heard there were two ODP state team participants that had also been invited to go to the Region 3 camp... which is a special honor in itself. Although the game was very entertaining and I heard some parents going absolutely nuts.(man is that what I used to sound like).. what was REALLY special about last night was the training taking place on the surrounding fields during the game.  I heard the Nederland coach was doing a training session.. there was also a college level coach doing another training session with children far below the level he is commonly used to dealing with ( Giving back to the community) .. I saw an old friend Raphael Hernandez from Port Arthur taking his group out to practice and I heard through the grapevine that other local High School coaches are coming out to see the program as well as SSSC trainers going to  share their time and skill with the Gulf Coast Family.. I do not know about you but I see this as a huge movement towards unifying the powers that be to help better prepare the local talent pool to compete with the Big boys ( ie Albion, Challenge Eclipse etc.).

I have to admit that I was one of the big supporters to let Albion come and start a satelite program here.

Now I will be the first to admit that I am glad no one listened..  Good work John, Chris, Jan, Alfred, SSSC. Gulfcoast and all in involved... It looks like soccer has a bright future in the Golden triangle. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder