Nederland Defense

Can Nederland Defense who is returning 10 starters be as good as people think? I have heard that DL Castillo has been moved to offense . This meens 2 replacements 1 safety and 1 DL if they they go 4,3 defense or 2 safeties if they go 3.4 defense. They started 5 sophomores 5 junoirs and 1 senoir last year. What do yall think?

[quote name="phunter308" post="986600" timestamp="1300770972"]
Can Nederland Defense who is returning 10 starters be as good as people think? I have heard that DL Castillo has been moved to offense . This means 2 replacements 1 safety and 1 DL if they they go 4,3 defense or 2 safeties if they go 3.4 defense. They started 5 sophomores 5 junoirs and 1 senoir last year. What do yall think?
[/quote]

I think our defense will be better than last year. This should give smitty some serious Knee-jerk-reactions during the season. I am not sure about the individual moving to offense, but with the Freshmen moving up that can put some heat on a QB, for once in a long while we may have an overload on the D line. If that happens someone may have to move!

Like I said many times, I hope they are good EVERY year.  I just have my opinion why they are not.  But, again, how can they miss with 10 returning starters.  I hope we play good enough to win the State Championship!

[quote name="dawgnut" post="986609" timestamp="1300790595"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=82074.msg986600#msg986600 date=1300770972]
Can Nederland Defense who is returning 10 starters be as good as people think? I have heard that DL Castillo has been moved to offense . This means 2 replacements 1 safety and 1 DL if they they go 4,3 defense or 2 safeties if they go 3.4 defense. They started 5 sophomores 5 junoirs and 1 senoir last year. What do yall think?
[/quote]

I think our defense will be better than last year. This should give smitty some serious Knee-jerk-reactions during the season. I am not sure about the individual moving to offense, but with the Freshmen moving up that can put some heat on a QB, for once in a long while we may have an overload on the D line. If that happens someone may have to move!
[/quote]

Returning starters does not assure you of anything, ask Vidor, they returned 19 or 20 people a couple of years ago with high expectations because of all the returners and it was just another average year for Vidor.  Returning average starters gives you an average defense, but I do think Nederland will be a solid defense next season because they are working hard to not be average and return to the top of the district. 

Your right returning starters don't mean a lot unless they continue to improve. From my little piece of paradise (seats at Bulldog stadium) I don't think these guys are going to slack off one bit. They kept improving all year and did somethings that we haven't done in a while, like shutting down some good ground games.

Ned's D will be fun to watch next year. Our front 7 will be the best in district, with the front 4 being the strength of the D. Next years front 4 will average 260 lbs. and they are athletic. All QB's in 20-4a will be running for their lives next yr when they face the Dogs. Ned does need to work on zone coverages for next yr. I hope our coaches learned from the Central game not to pull a DL when in the prevent. I would rather see a 4-2-5 or 4-1-6 and keep the pressure on. Can't wait to see the heads roll next year. If Ned can put a good offensive plan together with their new power game we just might win Neumann's 1st outright District title. 

Returning starters mean alot if they were a good team last year. The whole team could be coming back and if they finished third last year they'll probably finish 3rd again. Thats when the quality of the other teams in the district factor in, and thats why we play the games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder