Playing into December...

Why is it that EVERY year, WOS, Newton, and traditionally Jasper (not gonna happen this year of course) are the only teams that are still going strong 3, 4 or 5 rounds deep? With all of the talent, there is no reason some other schools should not be in there as well. I know Nederland and sometimes PNG are capable of making late appearances, but usually not EVERY year. Southeast Texas is LOADED with talent... just look at the recruits that sign every year (many D1). Is it just that Barbay and Hooks and their staffs are that far ahead of all of the other area's coaches or what? No other region in Texas features as much raw talent as your area... just curious of the problems.

This just an observation, but I think it has to do with the pool of solid teams in different classifications. 5A and 4A are loaded in the houston area, which hurts our 4A and 5A teams. For example, our 4A teams have to get past the likes of LaMarque, Texas City, Friendswaood, Lamar Consolidated, Brenham, and several other tough teams. In 5A, we have to get past people like Katy, Lamar, Westfield, and other tough teams. The Houston area also has alot of current growth which means there is such an influx of people moving there that the talent pool can't, but to be good. All in all the upper classifications have a tough road after the first or second round, where as the lower classes don't start playing better teams until about the third or fourth round. This is just my opinion.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I'm wondering if eventually, UIL will decide to incorporate a 6A division with several schools growing beyond 3000 or so students. They'd have to change up the enrollment qualifications so there'd be enough 6A schools though.

Guest ECBucFan

Why is it that EVERY year' date=' WOS, Newton, and traditionally Jasper (not gonna happen this year of course) are the only teams that are still going strong 3, 4 or 5 rounds deep? With all of the talent, there is no reason some other schools should not be in there as well. I know Nederland and sometimes PNG are capable of making late appearances, but usually not EVERY year. Southeast Texas is LOADED with talent... just look at the recruits that sign every year (many D1). Is it just that Barbay and Hooks and their staffs are that far ahead of all of the other area's coaches or what? No other region in Texas features as much raw talent as your area... just curious of the problems.[/quote']

I guess the "PROBLEM" is everyone else is jusy plain ol' sorry, except WOS and NEWTON. Thats your point, right.

REAL CLASSY POST, MF.

Guest coachhooker

my look at it is you have to beat everyone in the first 2-3 rounds in se texas to get into regional play so when you beat each other it is hard for several schools to make it past round 3 when you are still playing schools in your general area

I guess the "PROBLEM" is everyone else is jusy plain ol' sorry' date=' except WOS and NEWTON. Thats your point, right.

REAL CLASSY POST, MF.[/quote']

I didnt mean it as an insult. I agree with coachhooker though. I guess they do have to beat up on each other during the first couple of rounds and then face Houston area schools. You should be proud that your area has so much talent, I was just making an observation and questioning why teams with that much talent arent dominating the mostly average talent that many of the Central Texas, South Texas and other area schools feature. Good luck in the playoffs.

Guest ECBucFan

Pretty sad some have to try to build themselves up by tearing others down. Seems those might be the ones with self esteem problems, Mr. Backwoods.

I'll leave this thread now, so yall can lip off and get the last shot in. Fire away now, if you feel the need.

Pretty sad some have to try to build themselves up by tearing others down. Seems those might be the ones with self esteem problems' date=' Mr. Backwoods.[/quote']

You use the word class a lot. I remember posts about Katrina victims being allowed to play in Texas.

I remember a thread about not allowing Newton posters on this board.

And after REAL CLASSY POST, what does MF stand for. I think these could be called (1) tearing others down and (2) REAL CLASS. (Notice the lack of initials.

here comes the salvo from the USS NEWTON BROADCASTER...come on ECBucfan. Dont get all bent out of shape...be happy that your 10-0. and while your being happy....you better say your nite time wishes that you dont have to play Newton...wasnt it like this a few years ago and EC was on their way just like this year and wouldnt you know it.....A thumpen occured.......by an Eagle....a Newton Eagle.....do you hear the thumpen again? thump thump thump thump :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124