Coach Kilchrist

Guest Pupmom

Guest Pupmom
Thank you Coach Kilchrist for all you do for the Nederland Basketball program.  You took the Freshman team through a terrific season, only being defeated by Ozen in District play.  You made the boys work together, and enjoy their time together on the court.  Through ups and downs with team illness, and absent players, you were able to make the team a winning one.  You helped the Varsity by Scouting competition, giving up time from your family, and Freshmen boys so the Varstiy could be ready to win and make it as far as they did in the Play offs. You were at the Varsity games, calling plays, and helping Coach English all the way to every Victory. You taught the boys many different plays, and they were strong offensively and defensively. You created a program that we as fans loved to watch and be a part of. I am sorry that you are not getting the credit and praise you deserve, and if anyone has anything negative to say, PLEASE DO NOT POST!!!!!!!!!!!

[size=14pt][color=red]Coach Kilchrist your Freshmen boys owe you an enormous debt of gratitude for teaching them to work as a team, after being rivals all these past years. [color=red][size=12pt][b]You are the best, and we so much appericate you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/size] :) :) :) :)

Guest Pupmom
I am a mother, and what difference does that make?  The Nederland basketball program is one to be rivaled by any High School program.  They deserve credit from the District, the fans, and anyone who was watching and was a part of the season.  I just do not feel that it is right for people to try and blame one man for the final loss of the Varsity.  The Varsity had a great ride, with a great coach, but Coach Kilchrist is a great man, that is not getting the credit he deserves.  I too feel that Coach English needs more help, and that is evident to all, but if you are speaking of someone without all the facts, that is just not right, or respectful.

[quote name="Pupmom" post="980012" timestamp="1299684122"]
I am a mother, and what difference does that make?  The Nederland basketball program is one to be rivaled by any High School program.  They deserve credit from the District, the fans, and anyone who was watching and was a part of the season.  I just do not feel that it is right for people to try and blame one man for the final loss of the Varsity.  The Varsity had a great ride, with a great coach, but Coach Kilchrist is a great man, that is not getting the credit he deserves.  I too feel that Coach English needs more help, and that is evident to all, but if you are speaking of someone without all the facts, that is just not right, or respectful.
[/quote]

For the few times that I did speak with Coach Kilchrist, he seems like a great guy that knows basketball and wants to win.. I made one comment saying he was a great coach that got the easiest job in the area, All Levels.. If you cant win 98% of the games you coach having that stacked Nederland freshman team (which he did ;) ), then you need to find a different job :D

[quote name="Pupmom" post="980012" timestamp="1299684122"]
I am a mother, and what difference does that make?  The Nederland basketball program is one to be rivaled by any High School program.  They deserve credit from the District, the fans, and anyone who was watching and was a part of the season.  I just do not feel that it is right for people to try and blame one man for the final loss of the Varsity.  The Varsity had a great ride, with a great coach, but Coach Kilchrist is a great man, that is not getting the credit he deserves.  I too feel that Coach English needs more help, and that is evident to all, but if you are speaking of someone without all the facts, that is just not right, or respectful.
[/quote]I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one person blame Nederland's loss to Ball on anything other than that Ball was the better team.  Can someone point to any of these alleged posts that claim otherwise.

The gripes about the assistant coaches all seemed to claim "[i]Nederland would be even better if....[/i]"; Not "[i]Nederland would have beat Ball if....[/i]".

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="980096" timestamp="1299691353"]
[quote author=Pupmom link=topic=81364.msg980012#msg980012 date=1299684122]
[/quote]I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one person blame Nederland's loss to Ball on anything other than that Ball was the better team.  Can someone point to any of these alleged posts that claim otherwise.

The gripes about the assistant coaches all seemed to claim "[i]Nederland would be even better if....[/i]"; Not "[i]Nederland would have beat Ball if....[/i]".
[/quote]

That is what everybody was saying! We didnt mean to offend any coaches or relatives/close friends/wives of the coaches

I've had 2 sons play in Nederland with the last one being a senior this year.  I have yet to meet a coach that is not a good guy.  Some are better coaches than others but they all want to win and do the best job they can do.  Nederland basketball could use an assistant that is not obligated to football especially at the start of the season when Coach E. has to coach all 3 teams until the playoffs are over but that is up to the AD.  Thanks to all of the coaches who have been good influences on my sons.

Guest Pupmom
[[quote]color=red]I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one person blame Nederland's loss to Ball on anything other than that Ball was the better team.  Can someone [quote]point to any of these alleged posts that claim otherwise.

The gripes about the assistant coaches all seemed to claim "Nederland would be even better if...."; Not "Nederland would have beat Ball if....".[/color][/quote][/quote]Then you obviously did not read the pages of the Final Nederland game where the Assistant Coach was blamed for the loss because he did not tell Coach the Smith had 3 fouls.  My posting was meant to say that Coach Kilchrist knows basketball and works hard for the program. I too would like to see coaches that are hired just for basketball.  Our Varsity football program has 13 coaches, as many as college teams have.  It is outrageous the amount of money and emphasis that is placed on football.  But, my point of the post was to say that Coach Kilchrist is a great man, and he does a great job.  

Also, how do we have a STACKED freshmen team.  You have boys that have played basketball for years, and work great together. How does that become a stacked team?  You can not win unless you have a Coach that teaches them to respect one another, not to be ball hogs, and how to run the plays, and that is what Coach Kilchrist did.  Plus he helped coach Varsity, while teaching and Coaching at the Middle School as well.

[quote name="Pupmom" post="980564" timestamp="1299776615"]
[[quote]color=red]I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one person blame Nederland's loss to Ball on anything other than that Ball was the better team.  Can someone [quote]point to any of these alleged posts that claim otherwise.

The gripes about the assistant coaches all seemed to claim "Nederland would be even better if...."; Not "Nederland would have beat Ball if....".[/color][/quote][/quote]Then you obviously did not read the pages of the Final Nederland game where the Assistant Coach was blamed for the loss because he did not tell Coach the Smith had 3 fouls.  My posting was meant to say that Coach Kilchrist knows basketball and works hard for the program. I too would like to see coaches that are hired just for basketball.  Our Varsity football program has 13 coaches, as many as college teams have.  It is outrageous the amount of money and emphasis that is placed on football.  But, my point of the post was to say that Coach Kilchrist is a great man, and he does a great job.  

Also, how do we have a STACKED freshmen team.  You have boys that have played basketball for years, and work great together. How does that become a stacked team?  You can not win unless you have a Coach that teaches them to respect one another, not to be ball hogs, and how to run the plays, and that is what Coach Kilchrist did.  Plus he helped coach Varsity, while teaching and Coaching at the Middle School as well.
[/quote]

Judging from the score of the final game, I would have to guess that the outcome would not have changed if smith had zero fouls at the time

[[quote]color=red]I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one person blame Nederland's loss to Ball on anything other than that Ball was the better team.  Can someone [quote]point to any of these alleged posts that claim otherwise.

[/quote]

With all respect to Kilchrist, That freshman team was the best in area before he started coaching them ;) Not saying he isnt a good coach, but he could have sat in his chair the whole game and told them to play 5-on-5 and man-to-man defense at the start, then not a another word except for subs when they got tired :D They still would win about as many games

[quote name="dogs1218" post="980580" timestamp="1299777210"]
[quote author=Pupmom link=topic=81364.msg980564#msg980564 date=1299776615]
[[quote]color=red]I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one person blame Nederland's loss to Ball on anything other than that Ball was the better team.  Can someone [quote]point to any of these alleged posts that claim otherwise.

[/quote]

With all respect to Kilchrist, That freshman team was the best in area before he started coaching them ;) Not saying he isnt a good coach, but he could have sat in his chair the whole game and told them to play 5-on-5 and man-to-man defense at the start, then not a another word except for subs when they got tired :D They still would win about as many games
[/quote]

Not true at all. Come on man, give credit where it is due! Did U forget the best Freshman player (Weisbrod) was on Varsity. Losing only one game to Ozen w/Ur best player on Varsity means the coach obviously did his job.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="980770" timestamp="1299788142"]
Great job Coach Kilcrist for the season they had! He did his job! But all Im saying is that his job was easy.. Either do a lot of coaching and win almost every game, or do nothing and win almost every game ;) ;D Thats all im saying
[/quote]

I would take that job...anyday  ;D ;)

Well pupmom thought we were bashing the Coach! Nobody said he was a bad coach or a bag guy.. We were just informing all of SETXsports.com about the problem with almost everybody athletic program in the state, Need more coaches specialized in Basketball!

And then she tried to say how that Freshman team wasnt stacked :D which I thought was funny

Then you obviously did not read the pages of the Final Nederland game where the Assistant Coach was blamed for the loss because he did not tell Coach the Smith had 3 fouls.  My posting was meant to say that Coach Kilchrist knows basketball and works hard for the program. I too would like to see coaches that are hired just for basketball.  Our Varsity football program has 13 coaches, as many as college teams have.  It is outrageous the amount of money and emphasis that is placed on football.  But, my point of the post was to say that Coach Kilchrist is a great man, and he does a great job.  [/quote]Pupmom, let's play a game.  Let's play like I'm a complete idiot (this isn't a hard game... many people believe that already!  ;)) and I can't find the post that claims Nederland lost to Ball because of the assistant coaches.  You'll find that part of the thread here: http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=81275.60

I read some gripes about the coaches - some ludicrous and some merely conjecture - but I don't see anyone claiming that Nederland could have beat Ball even with some good coaches.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="980822" timestamp="1299791712"]
Well pupmom thought we were bashing the Coach! Nobody said he was a bad coach or a bag guy.. We were just informing all of SETXsports.com about [b]the problem with almost everybody athletic program in the state, Need more coaches specialized in Basketbal[/b]l!

And then she tried to say how that Freshman team wasnt stacked :D which I thought was funny
[/quote]You know, HJ doesn't have that problem.    ;)

But you may have illuminated a problem with the Hawk program.  Maybe our football team is not very good [b]because [/b]we don't hire basketball coaches that are specialized in football like nearly everybody else!!!!  :D :D :D

Guest Pupmom

[quote]And then she tried to say how that Freshman team wasnt stacked  which I thought was funny[/quote]
Can someone please enlighten me here?  Is this one of those cases where they think the kids all moved from PA again?  Because these boys all went to Central or C.O. except one.

[quote name="Pupmom" post="980875" timestamp="1299797605"]

[quote]And then she tried to say how that Freshman team wasnt stacked  which I thought was funny[/quote]
Can someone please enlighten me here?  Is this one of those cases where they think the kids all moved from PA again?  Because these boys all went to Central or C.O. except one.
[/quote]No, I think he meant the Freshman team was [b]loaded with talent[/b]... so much talent that they could have won all those games with anybody as coach.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="980876" timestamp="1299797880"]
[quote author=Pupmom link=topic=81364.msg980875#msg980875 date=1299797605]

Can someone please enlighten me here?  Is this one of those cases where they think the kids all moved from PA again?  Because these boys all went to Central or C.O. except one.
[/quote]No, I think he meant the Freshman team was [b]loaded with talent[/b]... so much talent that they could have won all those games with anybody as coach.

[/quote]

Thats what I meant ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• We pray before every game and after every game at Newton. This (our players are better than your players)was started by longballs. He does this every yer then just disappears. r
    • I didn't like the hire from the beginning, but you are correct. 100% the supt. choice.
    • Let’s all pray that this upcoming season will be a great one and that all players will stay as healthy as possible. We all know (or should) that we’re talking about kids so no matter what team that you support, to ensure that we’re being as encouraging and uplifting as we can be as grown (oftentimes immature) adults.    Staying true to the subject topic, it should be a competitive game against Woodville & Fig Newton. I’d venture to say that the winner of this game will most definitely be crowned the district champs. 
    • I get that. And most will say that givin the d1 athletes…..myself included, but 4trips in a row….come on now  I know that they probably don’t win that 2nd sc without them and probably not make it as far the last two years. (Those that are in the know…know) They re able to connect to players and manage those d1 egos and know who should play where and when giving certain situations in game. tremaine just turned around a bottom dweller team in the Corpus Christi area to a playoff contender in one year. yes having athletes make it a lil easier but when you repeat to state 4 years in a row coaching is a huge part of that.  Your last comment is ridiculous….there is more to coaching than just throwing athletes in defensive and offensive sets. United has more coming thru the pipeline…..let’s see how Green manages/coaches it.  
    • If that’s not enough, you’re lost.
  • Topics