Vidor vs. Beaumont Central Boys Match Thread/Vidor wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Yes!  It was a great game tonight.  The pirates came out of the gate ready to play, and were able to score within about the first 20 min.  Geraldo scored the first goal.  Then Central took control of the game, and was killing us in the middle, and was able to tie the game.  The second half started with Central still in control of the game.  With 20 min. left in the game Coach Wedel moved Jacob C. to the mid. feild with Christian,  Tyler was on the left wing and Taylor on the right wing, Jimmy as the forward, and the back line was Clayton, Barton, Edgar on the right, and Geo on the left, and Scott was the goalie.  This change gave us more energy, speed, and our passing definitely improved.  We again started to dominate every aspect of the game.  Defense, midfield, and offence.  The game was tied 1:1 with about four minutes left in the game, and Central was attacking and committing most of thier players forward trying their best to score a goal.  Our defense was able to gain possession of the ball, and quickly play it to the middle where the ball found Christian.  Christian quickly moved the ball forward and created a numerical advantage.  He had Tyler on the left and Jimmy on the right.  From there he made a quick pass off to Jimmy.  Jimmy with unbelievable speed was able to run right past the defense, keep control of the ball, take a quick look, and place the ball in the far corner away from the goalie.  It was a GREAT play.  From the beginning to the end.  That is how we have to continue to play.  Although I have been advocating for Zach to be the goalie, I think he gave us more stability on defense tonight as center back.  Zach, Clayton, Geo, and Edgar were all players of the game tonight in my book.  This was the best line up I have seen all season.  We need to take a blue print of the last twenty minutes of tonights game, and use it for the rest of the season.  I was so impressed by the last twenty minutes of the game. Starting tonight, every game is a play off game.  If we play like we played at the end of the game, I have no doubt that we will win the rest of our games.  Congratulations on the win. 

insider Im going to ask you to stop writing about my team for several reasons...
1.  your comments on your posts have called out players and that will stop
2.  you dont know what you are talking about on my lineup...(ex. Taylor never played as a right mid, Christian moved to right mid)

you have ZERO pull on this team and you have ZERO pull with me....now or in the future
it is time for you to move on

I am sorry to disappoint you Newcastle but I am not going to stop posting about the VIDOR soccer team, because the last time I checked it wasn't the WEDEL Pirates.  This is our team.  You are very important to the team but it is the community that supports it.  It does not belong to you.  I have lived in Vidor a long time and am a fan of all the sports.  I have never had this much confrontation over a few ideas and comments.  I am sorry if you are getting offended.  Don't take it personally.  If it bothers you that much, you don't have to read them.  I have said a few times now that I think you are a good coach.  That does not mean that I have to agree with you on everything you do.  I only mentioned the player's names to encourage and brag on them.  Last time I checked, this was not against any of the rules.  I don't understand why a coach would have a problem with someone complimenting their team.  The last post I felt was extremely positive and supportive.  As far as your several reasons (2?), the line up issue was a valid observation.  You are nit picking trying to find something to argue about.  Review your tape.  You are talking to me like you know me.  I have never claimed to be anyone who would have some kind of pull over you or your team.  Now I am making a suggestion for you, please stop telling me what to do.  I simply want the same right that you have, to post my opinion just like anyone else.  I am a Pirate fan and will continue to be.

[font=Georgia][color=red]If the Pirates would not have scored and won the game in the final 20 minutes, would you have still been so excited about the lineup change at the end of the game and written your posts to implement a "blue print" for the rest of the season? Just a thought.......[font=Georgia][/font][color=red][/color][/color][/font]

Yes, I still would have been excited.  Whether  or not they made the last goal, they were still playing better as a team.  Implementing and suggesting are two different things.  I can't implement anything.  I would still suggest them play like they were in the last line up.  Who knows what line up he will have on the field tomorrow night, but I am looking forward to seeing the game. As long as they come out ready to play, I'm sure it will be a great game.  Let's get a win.  Go Pirates!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed