Dayton vs. Huntsville Game Thread/Huntsville advances

WOSgrad

I just got back from the game...

Huntsville is very physical. Dayton wasn't prepared to get physical due to having an easy district besides BH. Huntsville is very explosive and gets down the court quick, not letting the grass grow under their feet. They also play a pretty dirty game. Had at least probably 15 fouls tonight. It was a reality shock for us I believe.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="968668" timestamp="1298090327"]
I just got back from the game...

Huntsville is very physical. Dayton wasn't prepared to get physical due to having an easy district besides BH. Huntsville is very explosive and gets down the court quick, not letting the grass grow under their feet. They also play a pretty dirty game. Had at least probably 15 fouls tonight. It was a reality shock for us I believe.
[/quote]
K. Thanks for that bit of information.

Huntsville is much quicker than Barbers Hill.
They have two six footers that can really jump.  They got most of the rebounds.  They started the game out 10 to 0 which included two for two from the three point line.
#13 is their point gaurd and she is quick.  On fast breaks she almost always passed the ball off when I thought she could have gone in for a lay up.  She really involves the other team members.  Would be very interesting to see them play Barbers Hill (the only other good girls team I have seen this year).  I think they would beat the Eagles, just due to their speed.  They are really quick.  The Huntsville coach put in the subs with 2 minutes left and they really didn't drop in intensity that much.  Good luck to Central playing this team.  Dayton's only chance was to slow the game down and they couldn't do it.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="968755" timestamp="1298122155"]
Huntsville is much quicker than Barbers Hill.
They have two six footers that can really jump.  They got most of the rebounds.  They started the game out 10 to 0 which included two for two from the three point line.
#13 is their point gaurd and she is quick.  On fast breaks she almost always passed the ball off when I thought she could have gone in for a lay up.  She really involves the other team members.  Would be very interesting to see them play Barbers Hill (the only other good girls team I have seen this year).  I think they would beat the Eagles, just due to their speed.  They are really quick.  The Huntsville coach put in the subs with 2 minutes left and they really didn't drop in intensity that much.  Good luck to Central playing this team.  Dayton's only chance was to slow the game down and they couldn't do it.
[/quote]
Thanks for that info.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder