Tarkington vs Cleveland..... Cleveland Wins

[quote name="Cowboys1981" post="966187" timestamp="1297740919"]
86-48
[/quote]

ok, technically (or more accurately ACCURATELY) it was 86-60, the interesting part of this game was that the refs didn't show up so some qualified refs were pulled off the sidelines....

get this, one of them is the father of a cleveland player, one of them the father of one of the tarkington players girlfriend and well known by several other players, and the other i think someone with a cleveland connection. [b]BEST CALLED GAME I'VE SEEN THIS YEAR[/b], sure they missed a few but no big deal, NO BIAS, and we rarely get that in a game with refs that shouldn't have any interest.  :D. good job guys.

[quote name="hitchpin" post="966253" timestamp="1297746655"]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=80276.msg966187#msg966187 date=1297740919]
86-48
[/quote]

ok, technically (or more accurately ACCURATELY) it was 86-60, the interesting part of this game was that the refs didn't show up so some qualified refs were pulled off the sidelines....

get this, one of them is the father of a cleveland player, one of them the father of one of the tarkington players girlfriend and well known by several other players, and the other i think someone with a cleveland connection. [b]BEST CALLED GAME I'VE SEEN THIS YEAR[/b], sure they missed a few but no big deal, NO BIAS, and we rarely get that in a game with refs that shouldn't have any interest.  :D. good job guys.

[/quote]Would it presumptuous to summarize your post with "the refs let the kids play"?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="966256" timestamp="1297746873"]
[quote author=hitchpin link=topic=80276.msg966253#msg966253 date=1297746655]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=80276.msg966187#msg966187 date=1297740919]
86-48
[/quote]

[/quote]Would it presumptuous to summarize your post with "the refs let the kids play"?
[/quote]

yeah it would i think, they didn't let garbage fouls go, they called what was obvious without getting ticky tack and kept the game under control, unlike most games this year where the refs let it get out of hand early and then start throwing techs out like candy in a parade. i didn't see any tempers flare which usually happens when they just let the kids "play".

there were bonus free throws in both halves on both sides so it wasn't like they weren't calling anything. they called traveling when it was traveling, the only thing they let go was kids slapping the backboard on a shot but i'm not even sure thats a violation these days.

[quote name="hitchpin" post="966260" timestamp="1297747443"]
yeah it would i think, they didn't let garbage fouls go, they called what was obvious without getting ticky tack and kept the game under control, unlike most games this year where the refs let it get out of hand early and then start throwing techs out like candy in a parade. i didn't see any tempers flare which usually happens when they just let the kids "play".

there were bonus free throws in both halves on both sides so it wasn't like they weren't calling anything. they called traveling when it was traveling, the only thing they let go was kids slapping the backboard on a shot but i'm not even sure thats a violation these days.

[/quote]Wow!  Ref's that call the game as they actually see it!!! Incredible!  And not letting any biases creep into their calls.

Maybe that can become the norm rather than the exception.... I don't know.... come to think of it, it will never work.  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="966263" timestamp="1297748011"]
[quote author=hitchpin link=topic=80276.msg966260#msg966260 date=1297747443]

[/quote]Wow!  Ref's that call the game as they actually see it!!! Incredible!  And not letting any biases creep into their calls.

Maybe that can become the norm rather than the exception.... I don't know.... come to think of it, it will never work.  ;)
[/quote]

:D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder