BH @ Galena Park District title on the line!!!!

BH96

BH vs. Galena Park  

52 members have voted

1. 1. BH vs. Galena Park

• BH
    • GP

Thanks for the post 34'sDad! Just sort of validates what I'm talking about. I hope 34 and the rest of Eagles have a GREAT night tonight and that in the morning' date=' I can wake up in cold Colorado to a BH District Champion banner!!![/quote']

Welcome to the board 82!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 82, I graduated in '82 as well. Now THERE was a defense! Only had about 21 pts scored on us all regular season, unfortunately our state title hopes were dashed by Yoe who went on to win it all. Gotta love this year's Eagles! They play with true heart and or very well coached (even though I sometimes gripe about the play calling on here, ha). Go Eagles, beat GP!

Tell it like it is 34'sdad. Hope your not working tonight, but if you are my cell will be one me.

Hillguy

We all gripe about the play calling from time to time, so don't worry about that. We wouldn't be true fans if we didn't care what plays are being called and when.

I think this team has something we have been missing for a few years and that is team leadership and emotion. They are fired up from the school song to the last play. Especially the defense.

Kick GP butt tonight !!!!!!!

Hey BHFAN, thanks for the welcome! Have been enjoying your posts all year.

34'sDad, yeah, Colorado's pretty sweet; however, their HS football leaves ALOT to be desired!!

Hillguy: man was that fun or what???? Did you play and if so, what was your number? I have an idea who you might be... "In December of '81, my dad stopped in Cameron at a cafe and had lunch. It was right after they won state and Dad congratulated the cafe owner on the Yeoman for winning state. The owner didn't know my Dad was from the Hill and my Dad asked who was their toughest competion on the way to state and the owner, who had a son on the team, said "by far, Barbers Hill was best team they had seen all season!". He went on to say that Newton only had that great running back, but as as whole, BH was tougher. His last comment to my Dad was that after our game, he had heard that we had quite a few injuries and that he was glad because he didn't know if the outcome would have been the same if we were full strength. Then my Dad told him he was from the Hill and he had a son on the team. My Dad went on to say that he hung around about 2 hours talking to the owner and that there was a lot of respect between the two men. Sort lived vicariously thru their sons I guess. Anyway, that's what HS footbal is all about!!!

Go BH!!

82 - I was number 86, def. end. You? Good memories. Turns out our new Superintendant at BH is was the guy from Yoe that caught the halfback pass on the first play of the game. Had a great conversation with him and he seems to be a great guy...irony though, ha. ok we were are off thread!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83