BH @ Galena Park District title on the line!!!!

BH96

BH vs. Galena Park  

52 members have voted

1. 1. BH vs. Galena Park

• BH
    • GP

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is one of the few times Dayton has beat these teams. They should have put yall over here. And dont forget Dayton would have ended up second in the 3a district. Shows how weak the 4 a district is this year.

I will give you this that district is better since since BH was put in it.

A few points to your flawed logic zoneblock. You are saying that the district BH is in now is stronger this year because BH is in it. I think that is what I am reading.....So the district was weaker when Dayton was in it, according to your logic. That means that the 22-AAAA must be weaker than 21-AAAA this year, because Dayton won 22-AAAA.

Man they have a good QB over there' date=' what is his name size classification and stats, because the whole offense seams to revolve around him[/quote']

Phillip Welch, Sr, 4.5 speed and a great arm, good kid. I dont know why they waited so late in the season to let him start throwing the ball.

From the Baytown Sun:

BARBERS HILL

The Eagles will have a chance to put a real feather in their cap Friday night when they face Galena Park for their second consecutive outright district championship. The Eagles have put a strong run together in their first year in 4A with a 9-0 record to this point.

Despite the Barbers Hill’s perfection record wise to this point, there is still room for improvement. Head coach Don Price will look for his team to takes those steps in the next two weeks when they will be needed most.

“I don’t think that we are playing as good as we can play,†Price said. “To win district and playoff games you have to execute at a high level.

“Everyone will have a player or two that can make plays but you have to play good team ball.â€

The Hornets have one a playmaker in three-year starting quarterback Gahn McGaffie. McGaffie is a legitimate threat to put the ball in the end zone on every play. Last week the Eagle defense faced a challenge in C.E. King and will once again be asked to stop up.

“We gave up some yards last week but we did not give up many points,†Price said.

A big offensive line as well as a good running back and receiver will aid McGaffie.

The Eagles can do no worse than co-district champions in 21-4A but want to wrap up the season with a win and the first seed in lower 4A in the playoffs. While the Eagles came into the season as a contender, no one predicted this type of success.

“I think the highest we were picked was third,†Price said. “If you follow the predictions in the papers and the magazines you wouldn’t have to play the games.â€

I can PROMISE you we will beat BH. You will be introduced to central football soon. You won't be playing those weak folks anymore.

I'm personally tired of the downplay of BH's successful season so far. All I hear is "well if they/yall beat Bellville, I'll give ya props", "well if they/yall beat King, I'll give ya props". Well? did it. You know its impossible for every district to have a stable of playoff teams. 21-4A is has 8 teams. The top 4, BH 6-0, Crosby & GP 5-1, and NC 4-2 are all talented teams. I dont understand why there is this "weak district" theory being cast over these teams and especially the success of BH. King and GP are both ranked in the top 5 in the area in total offense, Kings #2 in rushing, GP 3rd in passing. Weak? not in my book. Prior to this season there was alot of happy people when BH got moved up to 4A figuring they'll get their butts kicked by bigger schools. Well it hasnt happened so there must be a good dang reason huh. Well I'll tell ya why it hasnt happened. Because those young men have a tremendous work ethic, they're coachable, theyre fast, strong, competitive, they have character, and most of all they are "winners". (There just aint nothing like an athlete that hates losing.) Not because of a "weak" district. When this year started, BH didnt know for sure who the QB would be, who would fill in the spots left in the OL, position changes on defense. There was a huge learning and teaching process that took place this year along with playing at a new level and games were won. I personally couldnt be more proud of each one of them and what theyve accomplished so far this year. And to read crap like the quote above over and over really ticks me off. Been hearing it all year, since we were 1-0. I'm not making any predictions but these yong men arent going to lay down for Central or anyone else they might play. Weak district? whatever..... I know there have been some posts that would make others want to root against BH, but BH is a good solid team and they DO deserve some credit and respect from area's outside the district. My fingers are tired........later!

Guest CougarPride

I would love for GP to win because that would make us CO-Champs, But BH is a well disciplined team with a great man for a coach. If I had to see a team win district outright It would be the Hill. They truely are the better team. :lol:

I would love for GP to win because that would make us CO-Champs' date=' But BH is a well disciplined team with a great man for a coach. If I had to see a team win district outright It would be the Hill. They truely are the better team. :lol:[/quote']

Coog, puttin the cart in front of the horse a little ain't cha, you haven't clintched a playoff spot yet!

GP should not even be able to stay on the field with BH. BH should win this one easily.

Yea, right. This will be a close game and the Hill will have to do alot of things right to win. To say that Galena Park should not even be able to stay on the field with BH is dumb (unless you coach at GP).

Dumb maybe it still does not change the fact that GP still is not a very good football team. If GP is your team maybe your dumb for thinking they are worth a crap.

Maybe they have changed from when i last saw them and i could be wrong but i would doubt it.

When did you see them? Maybe they had a bad day. Who's your school?

Guest PurplePride

:D Great post 34's dad! Everything you stated it the truth and I totally agree! I would say that in your district, yall are us, Galena Park is Central, Crosby is Nederland then they all just get mixed up together. I think that 22 &21 are even as far as "weak" or "strong". I am sure I will get alot of negative feedback on this "opinion", but whatever, I will look at their opinions too but it will not change mine. :lol:

:shock: I was scared to death of moving into this district but my Broncos have showed me how tough they are, I love it! :D

Good Luck Barbers Hill Eagles, I will be pulling for you big time! I honestly believe yall will beat GP! :D

GO BRONCOS! :D

Thanks...... Just venting & speakin a little of the dern truth...... To come prepared, not let up or get complacent, and make adjustments on the fly is what good teams do. 9-0 is a great season and noone can take that from them........ Good luck to Dayton as well! Nice job over there. :D

I agree 34'sDad. I'm sure I don't know you, but I am the 2nd of 3 generations to have played for the Hill. I graduated in '82 and I can honestly that say that most schools in and around the area have hated the Hill, denegrated us, and cursed us for being consistent winners for as long as I can remember. Jealously?? Who knows, but what I do know, is that it's classless and it just belittles the programs they associate with. It didn't matter if we were playing in 1A, 2A, 3A, and now 4A.

Now, will the Hill beat GP? I hope so for sentimental reasons but if we don't, well...oh well, we have next year. Will we beat Central if in fact that's who we face in the 1st round??? Who knows, but I'm sure the Hillians will go over there and be the class act it has been for decades!!! Let's go BH and Dayton, make us all proud and prove to these Hill-bashers and Dayton-downers that even if we don't win these upcoming games (which I doubt), that's it's better to be a classy loser than a class-less winner!

Great post 34'sdad. I'm so proud of these kids, they are a tight knit group and they deserve all they are getting. If we do nothing else from here, I'm still proud of what they have done this year. I believe that we have more to do though. I believe our kids will step up to the challenge and take their game to the next level. Get it done Eagles.

GO EAGLES!

Yeah if there was no such thing as playoffs there would be NO shame in playing and winning the way they have. But I too feel like they have alot more in them too. These seniors and a few of juniors still have a bad taste from the Kville game last year and they dont need anyone to refresh their memory. If or when BH loses a playoff game, It will not be from a lack of effort.

I agree 34'sDad. I'm sure I don't know you' date=' but I am the 2nd of 3 generations to have played for the Hill. I graduated in '82 and I can honestly that say that most schools in and around the area have hated the Hill, denegrated us, and cursed us for being consistent winners for as long as I can remember. Jealously?? Who knows, but what I do know, is that it's classless and it just belittles the programs they associate with. It didn't matter if we were playing in 1A, 2A, 3A, and now 4A.

Now, will the Hill beat GP? I hope so for sentimental reasons but if we don't, well...oh well, we have next year. Will we beat Central if in fact that's who we face in the 1st round??? Who knows, but I'm sure the Hillians will go over there and be the class act it has been for decades!!! Let's go BH and Dayton, make us all proud and prove to these Hill-bashers and Dayton-downers that even if we don't win these upcoming games (which I doubt), that's it's better to be a classy loser than a class-less winner![/quote']

I grew up in Baytown and played at Sterling (1983) All I've ever heard was when BH was 1A is "oh they should be 2A". when they went 2A it was "AHH they should be 3A"..... Well we've been living here only 3 years and that topic was still the hottest topic around. My son is a transplant from Baytown to BH three years ago. But he is Eagle thru and thru.... and Its due to the tremendous tradition here. You cant stop it. And that pride is the 1st key to the years of success.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami