Ozen @ Nederland-Who wins?

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="963644" timestamp="1297279344"]
[quote author=WILL I AM link=topic=80048.msg963592#msg963592 date=1297274482]
[b]lately ozen has been squeeking past people[/b]....if they play a full game(four quaters) they will be the only team to win in the dog dome.If ozens bigs stand up to the tall task of stopping the forney and smith duo then i think the hustle and speed of ozen's guards will out match nederlands.....This is going to be a great game! someone please post game updates for me to check while im at work
[/quote]
Squeeking by???  Ozen beat PNG by 29 last Friday.
[/quote]

Ozen most deff gonna come strong as ive seen at prac.. good hard work and deterination  words of Keyione Blackman

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="964378" timestamp="1297392355"]
Good point. I was just trying to say that we have always sucked in basketball.
[/quote]

Not always!  We have had some teams that were competitive but would come in 2nd or 3rd when only one team went to the playoffs.  However, this is one of the better teams Nederland has had in a long time.

[quote name="ozenfanclub" post="964569" timestamp="1297442932"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=80048.msg964564#msg964564 date=1297442300]
Going to be another packed house-better arrive early.
[/quote]Yes it will be pack ozen bring fans to this game from what my son tells me they have a bus for students for this game.
[/quote]

The more fans (from either side) the more exciting. I welcome Ozen fans to make the short 15 minute drive to the Dawg Dome. If it is anything like the last time these two met (at Ozen where there were twice as many Ned fans), I predict 4 times more Nederland fans than Ozen fans tonight!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="964599" timestamp="1297445700"]
No but I think you get my point. We sucked when I played, and for the majority of the 50 years before that. Don't over analyze a simple post.
[/quote]
If your point is that this Nederland team might be special and is probably the best ever at Nederland, then yes I get your point.  If your point is that Nederland has never had good basketball teams (which is what you implied), then no I don't get your point.

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="964616" timestamp="1297447953"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=80048.msg964599#msg964599 date=1297445700]
No but I think you get my point. We sucked when I played, and for the majority of the 50 years before that. Don't over analyze a simple post.
[/quote]
If your point is that this Nederland team might be special and is probably the best ever at Nederland, then yes I get your point.  If your point is that Nederland has never had good basketball teams (which is what you implied), then no I don't get your point.
[/quote]

I think anyone (including myself) who played at Nederland (before English arrived) agrees that Nederland did suck from 1987-2007.

Anyone who has seen the Nederland Bulldogs play basketball this year can say that this one of the best teams in the program's history.. One of the few groups to ever win a tournament, few groups to know what the playoffs are like, and now they have a chance to finish off an amazing district season by going undefeated.. Congrats to all the Dogs.. Now finish the job tonight against Ozen and against LCM next week  ;)

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="964616" timestamp="1297447953"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Nederland has never ever had a good basketball team until the past 2 years. Ever. Sure a team or two went to the playoffs but no team has ever won. Basketball has been the one sport at Nederland that has never been good until now. And yes I think for a team to really be good they have to prove it in the playoffs. That was the point from the beginning.  This team is special. This group of seniors and Coach English has really turned basketball around in Nederland. Does that make my point clear enough?

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="964671" timestamp="1297455645"]
[quote author=Versey Ledbetter link=topic=80048.msg964616#msg964616 date=1297447953]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Nederland has never ever had a good basketball team until the past 2 years. Ever. Sure a team or two went to the playoffs but no team has ever won. Basketball has been the one sport at Nederland that has never been good until now. And yes I think for a team to really be good they have to prove it in the playoffs. That was the point from the beginning.  This team is special. This group of seniors and Coach English has really turned basketball around in Nederland. Does that make my point clear enough?
[/quote]
No your point isn't clear.  First you said Nederland has ALWAYS sucked in basketball and now you're conceding that they didn't suck last season.  Are you sure you want to stop there?

You can make the point that this Nederland team is very, very good without criticizing ALL of Nederland's past teams.  You make statements such as "no team has ever won" in the playoffs and basketball is the one sport that Nederland "has never been good until now". 

Obviously, recent teams have won playoff games.  And going way back, Nederland has in fact, played in a state championship game.  So apparently Nederland hasn't always sucked in basketball.  Does this make my point clear enough?

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="964697" timestamp="1297461620"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=80048.msg964671#msg964671 date=1297455645]
[quote author=Versey Ledbetter link=topic=80048.msg964616#msg964616 date=1297447953]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No your point isn't clear.  First you said Nederland has ALWAYS sucked in basketball and now you're conceding that they didn't suck last season.  Are you sure you want to stop there?

You can make the point that this Nederland team is very, very good without criticizing ALL of Nederland's past teams.  You make statements such as "no team has ever won" in the playoffs and basketball is the one sport that Nederland "has never been good until now". 

Obviously, recent teams have won playoff games.  And going way back, Nederland has in fact, played in a state championship game.  So apparently Nederland hasn't always sucked in basketball.  Does this make my point clear enough?
[/quote]

I'm saying last years team is basically the same team as this years. It is built around the same players. It is obvious we were good last year. Before that, we have never been good at basketball and never won playoff games. I was not trying to criticize all of Nederland's past teams. The question was "when is the last time Nederland went undefeated in district?" I simply was saying it hasn't happened in basketball. It shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Im not trying to bring down every other team. I was on 2 of those teams, why would I want to bring myself down? I'll say it like this: This is the best Nederland team ever. No other team has ever been this good.

I hope that is better. Didn't think it was that big of a deal though.

Let's go guys! We have a lot of work left to do. Get it done tonight and all through February!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed