Time for Roc to go?

time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?

• give him the axe
    • one more year
    • Roc is the answer!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="sleepy" post="962942" timestamp="1297196557"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=79372.msg962888#msg962888 date=1297192704]
A far reach, but these are some [b]assistants[/b] I would go after to become head coach. Gib Arnold-USC, John Groce-Ohio St., Tony Jones-Tennessee, Derek Kellogg-Memphis, Mark Montgomery-Michigan St.   This list may be too big for us, but since we're thinking big, I figured I would put the names out there.
[/quote]

Yeah let's take your advice..........Gib Arnold is the head coach at Hawaii, John Groce is the head coach and University of Ohio,  Derek Kellog is the head coach at UMASS.  You might want to make some reccomendations that you actually know something about!!!!  We need someone with Texas ties.
[/quote]
I just typed in up and coming coaches and these are the names that popped up. I don't claim to be a basketball expert. Are you a college basketball recruiter and what is your resume to make you the chosen one to listen to?

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="962983" timestamp="1297199628"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=79372.msg962942#msg962942 date=1297196557]
A far reach, but these are some [b]assistants[/b] I would go after to become head coach. Gib Arnold-USC, John Groce-Ohio St., Tony Jones-Tennessee, Derek Kellogg-Memphis, Mark Montgomery-Michigan St.   This list may be too big for us, but since we're thinking big, I figured I would put the names out there.
[/quote]

Yeah let's take your advice..........Gib Arnold is the head coach at Hawaii, John Groce is the head coach and University of Ohio,  Derek Kellog is the head coach at UMASS.  You might want to make some reccomendations that you actually know something about!!!!  We need someone with Texas ties.
[/quote]
I just typed in up and coming coaches and these are the names that popped up. I don't claim to be a basketball expert. Are you a college basketball recruiter and what is your resume to make you the chosen one to listen to?
[/quote]

no need to get your panties in a knot..you put up bogus info, he busted ya...take it like a man

[quote name="puddin tane" post="963556" timestamp="1297271740"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=79372.msg962983#msg962983 date=1297199628]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=79372.msg962942#msg962942 date=1297196557]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

no need to get your panties in a knot..you put up bogus info, he busted ya...take it like a man
[/quote]
Not bogus, maybe outdated from the search. Who do we go after, oh wise one? BTW I don't wear underwear :D I do have a pair of panties from your house though  ;) See I went old school on ya!

[quote name="puddin tane" post="963562" timestamp="1297272077"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=79372.msg962961#msg962961 date=1297197980]
Here's a name Sleepy - he has Texas ties and is currently an assistant on a run and gun type team similar to what we try to run  (unsuccesfuly) here.

Melvin Watkins

Discuss
[/quote]

0-16  enuf said
[/quote]

Melvins Watkins in Wikipedia:

[quote]During his tenure at Texas A&M, Watkins was noted for his outstanding recruiting...[/quote]
[quote]He also placed a large emphasis on academics...[/quote]

Sounds like a coach we already have.  ::)

Shoot, I don't care if it is a JUCO Head Coach who is a winner, as long as the man is A PROVEN WINNER!

I could care less if our next coach WAS a big name but failed somewhere. I'm tired of seeing this program lose. Tidwell has a lot of contacts, so I am sure he knows someone who could bring some much needed success to our program.

[quote name="mffl" post="963751" timestamp="1297291322"]
Shoot, I don't care if it is a JUCO Head Coach who is a winner, as long as the man is A PROVEN WINNER!

I could care less if our next coach WAS a big name but failed somewhere. I'm tired of seeing this program lose. Tidwell has a lot of contacts, so I am sure he knows someone who could bring some much needed success to our program.
[/quote]

Larry Tidwell has been on the Coach Roc radio show about 3 times this year. I'm scared to death he won't fire Roc!

[quote name="bigred360" post="963777" timestamp="1297295051"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=79372.msg963751#msg963751 date=1297291322]

[/quote]

Larry Tidwell has been on the Coach Roc radio show about 3 times this year. I'm scared to death he won't fire Roc!
[/quote]

Well, Dr. Simmons replaced Tubbs sooner than anyone expected so I would think he'll have a say in this, and if a lot of the big wigs are unhappy with Roc then he's gone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83