Coach of the Year???

Guest sportsfanatic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i am going to have to go with coach comeaux from png. people just forget about her. the nederland team had so much talent and it is a combination of years of coach leach and determined players who played a lot of club ball. but png didn't have a girl that was very tall, and honestly watching them in warmups was very unimpressive. but they could do the foundational things very good. good defense, setting was good, smart ball placement, and they had a very good block. as opposed to what most people think, blocking must be taught, it doesn't just happen.

so anyway with the natural talent she had i thought she put out an impressive team. ----- just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

PNG is still a powerhouse and Comeaux is a coaching legend. She has taken kids with little or no athletic ability and taught them the game. She The new Vidor coach not sure her name,caught my eye. She has brought a strong work ethic into that program and Vidor faught hard this year. No title's or play-off spots won and 4th in district, Vidor looks to be returning with all starters in tact and fighting for a play-off spot in 2007. Comeaux is still my favorite, she has discipline and style and her program speaks for itself. 22 out of 23 District Title's, you answer coach of the year. Starting middle is 5'8" and comes out second in district. GO COMEAUX!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sportsfanatic

I'm gonna go with Comeaux myself...Always puts together a good team and obviously has her program put together.  The kids learn the basics at an early age and knowledge of the game is ALWAYS there.  Even when they are having a "not so strong" year, they still make the playoffs and make it tough for LCM, OZEN, Vidor, etc. to make the playoffs  or at least have them always fighting for a 3rd place spot!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm going to go with my highschool coach! Coach Castino from LCM. And its not just because she is my coach, comparing her to other highschool coaches, Castino puts so much into coaching! She loves the sport and wouldn't miss anything for anyone of her players. She has so much school spirit and to me she defiantly deserves it! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami