Absolute Circus - Jasper..List Of Applicants Now Posted!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rykerx144" post="948297" timestamp="1295048973"]
I got a feeling Coach Alvarez, Coach Val, and Coach Barbay are going to be singing "unanswered prayers" once this is all over.    ;D ;D
[/quote]
or vice versa if he develops a "Carthage like" powerhouse and they have to play Jasper ...  ;D  Jasper has the talent; we will soon see if the coach has the talent.  I suspect that he will.

yea "IF" is the key word there.  Everyone keeps saying they got the one with the exprience and keeps talking about his 3 state championship titles.  I got news for you people there is a big difference in being an DC running another Coaches scheme in a program that had unlimited supply of athletes and being the AD of a large 3A School that is coming off a 2-8 season.  Coach Morgan might prove himself to be the better coach of all the other apps but in my opinion as of this moment they didnt hire the "best" Coach available.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="948313" timestamp="1295050815"]
yea "IF" is the key word there.  Everyone keeps saying they got the one with the exprience and keeps talking about his 3 state championship titles.  I got news for you people there is a big difference in being an DC running another Coaches scheme in a program that had unlimited supply of athletes and being the AD of a large 3A School that is coming off a 2-8 season.  Coach Morgan might prove himself to be the better coach of all the other apps but in my opinion as of this moment they didnt hire the "best" Coach available.
[/quote]
only time will tell.  the best long-term coach Jasper ever had had no previous HC experience.  and he was a year younger than Morgan is when Jasper hired him.  and if it proves to be another dumb move, hey, it is Jasper's right to be dumb if they want to...  ;D

I am an oldster myself.  I am not at all impressed by "years of experience".  Someone, anyone might have 20 years experience.  Then again, they might have had one year experience 20 times.  Clearly many of the HC type applicants are good.  Very good.  But can these established coaches become immeasurably better than they have been?  If they can, why have they not already reached those heights?

I don't have a rat in this race,But it's Jasper's call who they hire..the consequences of who they hire will follow good or bad,But they will follow..Iv'e always heard and been told that age had to do with knowledge..Iv'e seen some old men who was supposed to have knowledge that was as "crazy as a baygall rabbit"... Youth don't necessarily mean you don't have the knowledge to perform in a job..The man has been hired to do a job,He can't do this job if He is not allowed to..Give Him time.. Let Him install His program,Believe me Time Will Tell. ;)

[quote name="j_dog" post="948305" timestamp="1295049494"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=78668.msg948297#msg948297 date=1295048973]
I got a feeling Coach Alvarez, Coach Val, and Coach Barbay are going to be singing "unanswered prayers" once this is all over.    ;D ;D
[/quote]
or vice versa if he develops a "Carthage like" powerhouse and they have to play Jasper ...   ;D  Jasper has the talent; we will soon see if the coach has the talent.  I suspect that he will.
[/quote]I just love the way Jasper automatically thinks .... gee new coach .... break out the champagne ... measure for the rings .... a program takes time ... Good luck Jasper ... got a ways to go .... especially with all that Talent ya got ... don't judge subvarsity scores or games as a gauge of future success ... most of the smaller school take all the talent and load the varsity ... that way the smaller schools (Center, Diboll, Kirbyville) have younger players contributing significantly on varsity for sometimes 3 or 4 years ... Good Luck you got a great coach ... let him build ... took Alvarez a while to install discipline and winning (couple of years).

[quote name="jdawg83" post="948366" timestamp="1295054075"]
Orangefield, Dibol, Center, Kirbyville, Huntington, 5 teams we should never loose too we lost to all five this year lets go get em coach!

[/quote]You lost to better teams with better coaches and Discipline .... can have all the talent in the world .. no heart, no discpline, no wins ... Best example plays for Patriots ... would you take a less athletically talented Tom Brady or an out of this world athlete like any other recent 1st round draft pick QB ... whose at home, whose playing this weekend ... difference is heart and discipline ... Jasper will continue to lose until it finds the heart and discpline to win ... dont just expect to be any of those teams next year.

I dont know anything at all about Coach Morgan and he might work out and be one of the best coachs Jasper has ever had.  Im not meaning to question his ability, I just questionion the hiring process.  They seem as they went from trying to get the best coach out there with Bowman to hiring the best coach for the situation they got their self into after being played by Coach Bowman.  Was Coach Morgan the best choice out there or was he the best choice to save face?

All this talk about heart and discipline..just a bunch of nonsense.  Bring in a coach that the community and players believe in and they will be just fine.  Hard to argue against the credentials of the young man they have hired.  There are always people disappointed when their guy doesn't get the job.  It is called pride.  Alvarez or Valastro both would have been great hires also.  Those who chose had a hard choice to make.  It was made. 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="948313" timestamp="1295050815"]  Coach Morgan might prove himself to be the better coach of all the other apps but in my opinion as of this moment they didnt hire the "best" Coach available.
[/quote]

And who in your mind would that have been? I have no ties/dog in this fight...Just curious...

[quote name="rykerx144" post="948426" timestamp="1295057910"]
I dont know anything at all about Coach Morgan and he might work out and be one of the best coachs Jasper has ever had.  Im not meaning to question his ability, I just questionion the hiring process.  They seem as they went from trying to get the best coach out there with Bowman to hiring the best coach for the situation they got their self into after being played by Coach Bowman.  Was Coach Morgan the best choice out there or was he the best choice to save face?
[/quote]

This...

[quote name="rykerx144" post="948313" timestamp="1295050815"]
[/quote]

...and this. But, I'm hoping for the best and ready to support the kids and the new coach.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="948459" timestamp="1295058908"]
All this talk about heart and discipline..just a bunch of nonsense.  Bring in a coach that the community and players believe in and they will be just fine.  Hard to argue against the credentials of the young man they have hired.  There are always people disappointed when their guy doesn't get the job.  It is called pride.  Alvarez or Valastro both would have been great hires also.  Those who chose had a hard choice to make.  It was made. 
[/quote]Hell, I am glad Morgan got hired .... probably will be a great hire for Jasper ... I think he will turn around your program ... IF the parents and fans give him a change and don't get thier tights in a wad the first time little Jimmy is called on the carpet for any mistake or unsportmanship, ....  But to call heart, desire and discipline a bunch of nonsense speaks volumes about your great Jasper football program ... evidence #1 ... I give you 2-8 ... evidence #2 ... being beat by Diboll, Orangefield, Center, Kirbyville and whoever else beat ya ... enough said ... 

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="948767" timestamp="1295106832"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=78668.msg948459#msg948459 date=1295058908]
[/quote]heck, I am glad Morgan got hired .... probably will be a great hire for Jasper ... I think he will turn around your program ... IF the parents and fans give him a change and don't get thier tights in a wad the first time little Jimmy is called on the carpet for any mistake or unsportmanship, ....  But to call heart, desire and discipline a bunch of nonsense speaks volumes about your great Jasper football program ... evidence #1 ... I give you 2-8 ... evidence #2 ... being beat by Diboll, Orangefield, Center, Kirbyville and whoever else beat ya ... enough said ... 
[/quote]

What is nonsense is to assume Jasper's kids don't have heart and discipline.  Bring in the right motivator and these kids will compete and beat those they should beat.  There is no shame in losing to Kirbyville these days but I agree we shouldn't lose to those others.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="948772" timestamp="1295107689"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=78668.msg948767#msg948767 date=1295106832]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=78668.msg948459#msg948459 date=1295058908]
[/quote]heck, I am glad Morgan got hired .... probably will be a great hire for Jasper ... I think he will turn around your program ... IF the parents and fans give him a change and don't get thier tights in a wad the first time little Jimmy is called on the carpet for any mistake or unsportmanship, ....  But to call heart, desire and discipline a bunch of nonsense speaks volumes about your great Jasper football program ... evidence #1 ... I give you 2-8 ... evidence #2 ... being beat by Diboll, Orangefield, Center, Kirbyville and whoever else beat ya ... enough said ... 
[/quote]

What is nonsense is to assume Jasper's kids don't have heart and discipline.  Bring in the right motivator and these kids will compete and beat those they should beat.  There is no shame in losing to Kirbyville these days but I agree we shouldn't lose to those others.
[/quote]If you have read any post I have I have written before you would see this not as a shot at the kids ... goes to the coaches you have had ... I have lived in this area all my life ... I have friends whose children played for winning Jasper teams (state runner up team) ... I know Jasper has more, and better, athletes ... When you played Kirbyville last year, you could see the difference in the players (not talking the stars here ... Ford, Cucancic, Keene, Breed, Tyler, Jones, etc... were better). But the whole team had better players as a whole .. The reason you got beat that night was because of desire to win and discipline of the whole Kirbyville team .... Kirbyville players did thier jobs, did not beat their chest (too much), were held accountable for mistakes ... All I am saying is that by the very size of your school compared to the others and the availability of more athletes you SHOULD win these games ... you don't because of discipline and a burning desire to win (not just to have good statistics and look real good on the field) ... this is taught by the right coach ... you have just hired him ... I want Jasper to be good ... I want the 44-43 last second win against a strong Jasper team ... It's good for both schools ... Heck ... I think the overall problem for Kirbyville in the playoffs was the weakness of the district (we were firing on all cylinders after a tough predistrict ... then district ... oh well ... Carthage won state because they Survived their district ... YOU being better is good for YOU, good for US, Good for eveerybody ... just trying to be a good neighbor ....  ;D ;D

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="948814" timestamp="1295110453"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=78668.msg948772#msg948772 date=1295107689]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=78668.msg948767#msg948767 date=1295106832]
[/quote]

[/quote]If you have read any post I have I have written before you would see this not as a shot at the kids ... goes to the coaches you have had ... I have lived in this area all my life ... I have friends whose children played for winning Jasper teams (state runner up team) ... I know Jasper has more, and better, athletes ... When you played Kirbyville last year, you could see the difference in the players (not talking the stars here ... Ford, Cucancic, Keene, Breed, Tyler, Jones, etc... were better). But the whole team had better players as a whole .. The reason you got beat that night was because of desire to win and discipline of the whole Kirbyville team .... Kirbyville players did thier jobs, did not beat their chest (too much), were held accountable for mistakes ... All I am saying is that by the very size of your school compared to the others and the availability of more athletes you SHOULD win these games ... you don't because of discipline and a burning desire to win (not just to have good statistics and look real good on the field) ... this is taught by the right coach ... you have just hired him ... I want Jasper to be good ... I want the 44-43 last second win against a strong Jasper team ... It's good for both schools ... Heck ... I think the overall problem for Kirbyville in the playoffs was the weakness of the district (we were firing on all cylinders after a tough predistrict ... then district ... oh well ... Carthage won state because they Survived their district ... YOU being better is good for YOU, good for US, Good for eveerybody ... just trying to be a good neighbor ....  ;D ;D
[/quote]

You didn't get beat in the playoffs because of a weak district. That is a weak excuse. If you are that good and the coach is that good and you were the better team that day, you should have won regardless of your district, period. 

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="949608" timestamp="1295238424"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=78668.msg948814#msg948814 date=1295110453]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=78668.msg948772#msg948772 date=1295107689]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You didn't get beat in the playoffs because of a weak district. That is a weak excuse. If you are that good and the coach is that good and you were the better team that day, you should have won regardless of your district, period. 
[/quote] Hey ... Just trying to be nice ... wanna get snippy ... at least we were in the playoffs ...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder