Amazing young kid

[quote name="east texas bb" post="945043" timestamp="1294594977"]
I may be behind on lifting on game days, I would never do it on game days with a program.  The only way I can see it being benificial is if the kids are used to lifting on game days.  If they do a light 20 minute workout with hardly any weight and then shoot for an hour or so I could see it being not so bad.  It may be ahead of the curve, I dont know.  I just dont want to mess with anything my players are going to need on game days.  Especially with their shots.  JMO
[/quote]bb, this is a running joke on these forums, because that basketball powerhouse over in the Fannett area tends to lift weights on game day, per orders of the football coach, if I remember correctly.

Now remember, when you have a winning basketball program like HF's, you can get away with this.  ;)

I always see people trying to refute claims using Pro basketball players.  You cant compare Pro basketball players with HS basketball players.  Their bodies are completely different.  Not even on the same skill.  I have also saw posts where people compare strategy and other things from a Professional player to a HS player.  That is like apples to oranges.  There are too many intangibles between the two.
Lifting can not be good on game day for the average HS athlete.  I dont know for sure, but I would bet football coaches dont let their players lift on game days.  It is kind of like going out and running 3 miles before you play a game.  Until I hear from some reputable sources, I will not encourage lifting on game days.  I say 2 days a week during the season or the Maintenance phase of the overall weight training program. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="945393" timestamp="1294675692"]
I always see people trying to refute claims using Pro basketball players.  You cant compare Pro basketball players with HS basketball players.  Their bodies are completely different.  Not even on the same skill.  I have also saw posts where people compare strategy and other things from a Professional player to a HS player.  That is like apples to oranges.  There are too many intangibles between the two.
Lifting can not be good on game day for the average HS athlete.  I dont know for sure, but I would bet football coaches dont let their players lift on game days.  It is kind of like going out and running 3 miles before you play a game.  Until I hear from some reputable sources, I will not encourage lifting on game days.  I say 2 days a week during the season or the Maintenance phase of the overall weight training program. 
[/quote]Steve Nash . Blame it on him

BlueDove, I just read a good many articles on lifting weights on game days.  It is becoming more and more common.  From what I read, lifting weights is done after the game is over.  That may be what they do at Oak Cliff.  I dont know because I dont know how they run their program, but I just got through scanning and reading 4-5 different articles and they were all talking about lifting after the game if you were going to do it on game day, not before the game.  They suggested to lift at only 40-50 percent of regular weight training and also encouraged that the workouts use more than one joint of movement (if that makes sense) when exercising.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="945420" timestamp="1294677235"]
BlueDove, I just read a good many articles on lifting weights on game days.  It is becoming more and more common.  From what I read, lifting weights is done after the game is over.  That may be what they do at Oak Cliff.  I dont know because I dont know how they run their program, but I just got through scanning and reading 4-5 different articles and they were all talking about lifting after the game if you were going to do it on game day, not before the game.  They suggested to lift at only 40-50 percent of regular weight training and also encouraged that the workouts use more than one joint of movement (if that makes sense) when exercising.
[/quote]Yep, I had to change with the times. But I do have problems if they are doing standing knee squats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami