Lamar vs. Central Arkansas Predictions?

I hope y'all are right about the girls, but this UCA team scares me. I'll take a one point win, but I see the girls winning by 8 or so...UCA has one of the best players in the country in Megan Herbert. She can flat out play, now whether she has much help I don't know. If they can slow her down some and be physical with her and get her out of her game, we win!!! Should be interesting.

The Houston win was a big win, but Houston also were without the services of one of their best players in Courtney Taylor. She's a force inside and averages almost 20 points a game. I just think a lot of people are seeing the Houston score and thinking that the girls will run all over UCA. I hope y'all are right, just don't see that happening!!!

I would be more concerned if the game was in Arkansas but being a home game I think the Lady Cardinals take it by 10.

Now, Coop wants a prediction for the men. I'm hoping for the best and some changes in the starting line-up and how the rotation in being used. I'll stay with the Cards 72-66. Hope I don't eat crow after the game.

Isn't it funny how every year there are a multiple players in Roc's "Doghouse".  Roc has a bigger ego than most of the kids he recruits, which makes me wonder who's doghouse he is in?

I have no problem with James comming off of the bench as long he is getting 20+ minutes! Starting is not an issue, PT is the issue. You can be the 1st guy off the bench and play more than the starters, especially as a gaurd since he could play any of three spots. But you gotta go with the guys that are hot.

Roc needs to quit thinking he is a basketball genius and let the players use and develop their talents.  I know in many ways James Davis was a clown but had Roc not been so full of himself and figured out how to best use Davis it would have been two interesting years.  Instead Davis was in his doghouse, we barely made the SLC tourney and did not comeback.

[quote name="geezer" post="943541" timestamp="1294358008"]
Roc needs to quit thinking he is a basketball genius and let the players use and develop their talents.  I know in many ways James Davis was a clown but had Roc not been so full of himself and figured out how to best use Davis it would have been two interesting years.  Instead Davis was in his doghouse, we barely made the SLC tourney and did not comeback.
[/quote]

While true that Davis was in Roc's dog house almost all the time, he shouldn't have even been allowed to be in the dog house. The program would have been better served if he had been shown the door the first time he was kicked off the team/suspended/quit/whatever it was that happened. It was a revolving door with him and he shouldn't have been given that many chances to continue to be on the team. JMHO.

This game is on TV tomorrow if I am not mistaken.  The LU site says on SLC TV.  What channel is that on Directv, if it is even available on Directv!!!!!

What happened to the live video streams of games that they were doing earlier in the year.  Have tried for the last few games and they are not doing it anymore???

Based on how it all worked out it would have been better if he had never come to LU.  I don't argue that with the way Davis handled everything from the time he showed up on campus and the battles between him and Roc he should have been run off and not allowed to walk out on his own after a full year.  What I was getting at is if Davis's actions were somehow made worse by the way that Roc choose to handle him (because Roc had to be in charge Roc's way), maybe a different coach with a different ego could have gotten better from Davis.  Also how many other good players either left quickly or didn't perform up to expectations.  Remember the Whittle kid from Baton Rouge who Roc ran off between his junior and senior season because the player wanted to be home for some period of time during the summer.  Not saying that this kid was that great either, just another example.

Don't remember and maybe before tommorows mens game became the weeks tv game it was in the evening, but is seems dumb for the men and women to both be playing 2 PM games.  Now I have to choose between staying home and watching the men on tv for free or going to LU and paying to watch the ladies.

Guest Breakercoach
Conference Play, It is time to play ! Interested to see how it unfolds. Will things continue to be the same or will we see a change in the way its played ? I believe this will be Roc's biggest game yet !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics