Gulf Coast Classic Scores/Bracket updates..Ozen Wins!!!!!!!!!!!

HillGuy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="dimlaws" post="939722" timestamp="1293697699"]
Never said it didnt happen at other schools...but right now the topic is BH.......Bleed i got a feeling you have never even played a sport...lol
[/quote]

Hate to disappoint you, played football, basketball, baseball and ran track (49.0 400 meters). Orange County Athlete of the Year 1980. I don't tell many people about my past but you forced my hand. LOL!!!!! ;D ;D If you saw me now you would say, " what happened to him"? Gravity and rice & gravey took over. ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="939761" timestamp="1293720067"]
[quote author=dimlaws link=topic=77990.msg939722#msg939722 date=1293697699]
Never said it didnt happen at other schools...but right now the topic is BH.......Bleed i got a feeling you have never even played a sport...lol
[/quote]

Hate to disappoint you, played football, basketball, baseball and ran track (49.0 400 meters). Orange County Athlete of the Year 1980. I don't tell many people about my past but you forced my hand. LOL!!!!! ;D ;D If you saw me now you would say, " what happened to him"? Gravity and rice & gravey took over. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Oh yeah and his daughter is the all time leading scorer in Orangefield Girls Basketball History!

[quote name="dimlaws" post="939698" timestamp="1293684978"]
Bleed orange.... Kids determine the outcome of a game regardless to the officiating...Are you SERIOUS!!!...WOW!.....I have not said much about this subject...but.. I agree that alot of opinions are preconceived based on prior experiences with BH officials. Im not from this area but i heard people telling stories about BH officials cheating them as far back as the 80s. I think when strangers in the stands share horror stories about BH officiating over the years makes matters worst.....it was not just ozen fans but everyone who sat on that side shared the same consensus about the officials... not neccessarily this weekends officals... but BH officals overall. Baytown and Nederland complained also....Ozen was just the most vocal. I think the current officals are still catching heck from what officals did years ago....Can everyone be making up these horror stories?

....I had one personal experience about 3 years ago at a little league championship game. BH had two teams in the tourney. My sons team knock BH team 1 out of the final. They ended up playing the BH team 2 for the championship. Well... guess who change clothes and walked to  officiate the game? Yep... the head coach of BH team1....you can probable guess how the game turned out... Unfortunately, I think  its going to take some time to change that negative perception......Good luck officials   
[/quote]

I too remember hearing about the BH officiating as far back in the 80's. The reason I was told was because BH payed officials more than the going rate. Supposedly, if BH did not like the way a particular official called a game, they would not be used again. I don't know if it's true but that is what I was told. Maybe somebody was just looking for a reason.

I do believe the officials do the best they can and many fans don't have the slightest clue how hard it is to officiate any kind of game. I listened to a Ozen fan cheer for her team but when the other team got close, she went straight to actually accusing the refs of cheating.

As far as the quality of the officating today, I think you don't have as many quality officials around because a lot of qualified officials don't want to put up with the abuse they receive from the fans. I know I wouldn't want to spend my spare time getting verbally abused for $20-30 a game.

I did watch a few games this week and the tournament was a class act. All the volunteers were very nice  the games were on time and the food was great! BH, you have some awesome facilities. And swiftly took care of the goofball who threw something onto the floor.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="dimlaws" post="939976" timestamp="1293753347"]
Im impressed Bleed!!...I guess I can value your opinion now!...lol
[/quote]

I helped you out in the karma department. My opinion is limited. LOL!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83