18 3A

no-look

Im going on the record now that Central will be in the hunt for a playoff spot or will be a spoiler. 
No Look, where were the games played?  Hudson and Diboll?  Center and Central?

18-3A Teams I pick to fight for a top spot:  Center, Jasper, Hudson, Central, Huntington  3 out of those 5, and I have no clue the finishing order.
Diboll and Kirbyville may win some games at home and hurt some district records.

I was looking at Huntington's schedule.  Their first half of the  district schedule is in their favor.  The teams they need to beat they have at home, and the teams they should be able to beat away are in the first half.  They could look pretty good after the first half of district if they come ready to play.  Which should give them confidence heading into the tougher 2nd half of their district schedule.  Huntington has things in their favor this year to get in.  The district is down and the schedule is in their favor at the beginning.  We will see, the odds are in their favor.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="937301" timestamp="1292992589"]
Im going on the record now that Central will be in the hunt for a playoff spot or will be a spoiler. 
No Look, where were the games played?  Hudson and Diboll?   Center and Central?

18-3A Teams I pick to fight for a top spot:  Center, Jasper, Hudson, Central, Huntington  3 out of those 5, and I have no clue the finishing order.
Diboll and Kirbyville may win some games at home and hurt some district records.
[/quote]Games were at Center and Diboll.....Diboll had trouble with Hudsons press. Davis kid scored at will it seemed....

Another thing I dont understand is Huntington will play a team like CH to within 15 and 12, even though CH probably could have made it worse and they played at Huntington, but still they played a pretty good game against them.  Then I watch them play Palestine Westwood at home and they beat them by 1.  Westwood was one of the worst teams I have seen this year, they had no height or shooters.  I counted the turnovers in the game, neither team pressed, and there was a combined 67 turnovers. Westwood had 2 more than Huntington but they both had over 30 and neither team pressed. There was a few times Huntington ran a halfcourt trap but that was it and both teams combined for 67 turnovers.  I guess what aggrevates me is the inconsistency.  Very fustratrating.

The turnovers for H-town has gotten better the last three games.....They seem to have no trouble with the press its the half court game that hurting them. They are young and should get better. They start a freshman, sophmore, two juniors and a senior...only one senior on team....they lost their senior post and senior point guard to disciplinary issues....

The last game I saw them was the Westwood game so that is good they have corrected that.  That was my biggest concern. They play hard and good defense, I knew they would be ok on that side.  Turnovers is what concerned me.  Ellis does a good job with the ball, he scores moderatly but he makes a lot of good passes and protects the ball, I feel alot better when the ball is in his hands.  When he is not making the decision it is a little worriesome.  I think his abilities are overlooked heavily.  I think he is the best player on the team. The Houston kid can shoot the ball when he is gets hot, he has a nice shot 15-18 foot jumper, but he will not be able to play point next year, they will need someone on the JV to step in and take Ellis' place and they should have that taken care of. And very true, they do have youth, it will basically be the same team but without Ellis the PG. The freshman does not do much in my opinion, I think the Loggins kid does more when he is in, but the freshman has the potential to do some things as he gets older.  If the kids coming back would stay in the gym (which they may) instead of go to the weight room in offseason(I know 3-4 play football) they could be a good team in the next couple of years.  Who would play PG next year?  Who on JV(you know more on their name no look), I know there is someone, who can pick up for Ellis.  Anyway, they need to concentrate on this year, if they do things the right way they have a legit shot at getting the 3rd spot if things fall right.  Im ready to see.  And you are correct, it would have helped tremendously if they had the other two.  I was upset because I knew the guard and he could play. I watched him at Hudson as a soph and he nearly beat Lufkin JV by himself, he had 30 something on them.  I thought he should have played more last year.  But, not my call.  Which kid is the soph, the younger Houston brother or the Cartwright kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami