OldRef need your help

Can you tell me about a rule that I was told at Tuesdays game that would now be enforced.
Players who start the game must start the second quarter as well. Players who finish the third quarter must start the fourth quarter. Is this really a rule and will it start to be enforced by the UIL and if so will the scorer be responsible and what will the penalty be for not conforming to the rule....................

I cant believe this is happening......................

Can you help me out :o

I think I have found what the officials were trying to explain and it looks like to me they want to go back to the players actually reporting in to the scoring table. It just wasnt explained properly. If this is the case I can understand that but the officials will have to require it done because as of now most just wave the players in, most arent worried about reporting in to the scorer.
Waiting on OLDREF he will have the answer.

Here is what I found in the manual that I believe the officials were referring to:

Major Editorial Changes
3-3-1a NOTE; 4-34-2
Clarified that when a substitute is not properly reported, the players in the game at the conclusion of the quarter/
when the time-out was granted shall begin play for the new quarter/after the time-out. During an intermission, all
team members are bench personnel for the purpose of penalizing unsporting behavior.

Sorry I have been AWOL.....jUST SAW THIS........First of all it is not a UIL rule.....It is a National Federation Rule....The intent of the rule is to see that all players who are going to play in the next quarter check in before the horn....NO ONE IS FORCED TO PLAY OR START THE NEXT QUARTER BASED ON THE FACT THAT THEY WERE IN THE GAME IN A PREVIOUS QUARTER.  Just trying to see that all players properly check in.I hope this clears this up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476