Liberty (1-2) vs Tarkington (0-3) Playoffs???

Very interesting matchup with playoff implications on the line. Two very different philosophies as to how to move a football down the field as well. Its simple for Liberty, beat Tarkington and finish with a win over Shepherd and they lock up the 3rd spot. For Tarkington it gets a little more complicated. The Horns need to beat Liberty and finish with a win over Cleveland and hope that Liberty beats Shepherd in week 10. (The Horns do not need Shepherd to beat Splendora as this would eliminate the Horns) I think the game is in Liberty.

Ballcoach,

I am sure it means everything in the world to the kids on those two teams. Its still football and I can promise you those coaches have not given up on those kids or the kids given up on their coaches. There is a lot of pride in that Liberty football program and Tarkington is trying to do something that has not happened in half a century, get into a playoff game! Don't berate these kids or their programs. Walt and Jeff do a great job with what they have.

Guest pngpurplenwhite

The Liberty Mudhens vs the Tarkington Shorthorns' date=' wow what a matchup. Neither team can block or tackle. Could be 0 to 0 or 80 to 79. Either way it will be a close game that only Liberty County cares about.[/quote']

Peeweeballcoach, keep you opinions to yourself. These are 15,16,17 and 18 year old boys who put in on the field every Friday night. I am a Tarkington alum. from back in the day that only 1 team went to the playoffs. Now there is alot of teams that go that back in the 70's and early 80's wouldn't have a chance to go.

The Liberty Mudhens vs the Tarkington Shorthorns' date=' wow what a matchup. Neither team can block or tackle. Could be 0 to 0 or 80 to 79. Either way it will be a close game that only Liberty County cares about.[/quote']

I guess we should be thankful you cared enough to spew your ignorance on this thread??

Good luck to the Horns.

This does mean alot to the kids, especially the Seniors, to make the playoffs. I don't think that playing against WOS has altered any of that even though I'm sure the game will get out of hand early. It's something that the kids will remember that they played against the Mustangs, especially if WOS wins state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83