Woodvile vs. Newton/@ Zavalla Tournament/4PM

Woodville is better than I thought.  They are a pretty big team.  Played organized at times and at times didnt.  The flex cut they were getting time and time again will not work against a good defenive team.  I notice they go to a 1-4 low set and let the Sells #5 player create off the dribble.  He is a good player and Newton paid special attention to him.  I wouldnt say a box and one, but they were faceguarding him the entire time trying to not allow him to catch.  It will be very curious to see how they come out against Woden.  Will be a totally different game.  Woodville will have to score from out or get turnovers on the press.  If Woden makes it a halfcourt game they will win.  But, Woodville definelty has the size advantage.  The only team they will not have the size advantage over is CH.  Woddville has more than the Sells kid as someone previously asked.  They have 2-3 6'3" to 6'4" posts and a couple of guys who can shoot the 3 ball or at least they hit a few tonight and they had good shooting form. 

That suprises me, when I left it looked like Woodville was going to run away with it.  Both are big and athletic, but Woodville is a little better.  Sells can play.  It looked like to me that when their Flex offense broke down they gave it to him and just let him create.
Newton must have made a run at them.  That being said, Newton looks like a team that is going to improve.  They do not look like they played well together or have any cohesion. If they find some cohesion they will be much better.  #4 from Newton (6 foot 3 ish can dunk any way he wants).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami