Undefeated Still!!

KFDM COOP

I wouldn't predict a winner in this game. Of couse I would like to see the Seahawks prevail. But I know that just about any team in Region XIV can beat another conference team on any given night. The conference battle is not a sprint; it's a marathon of highly competitive games often decided by less that 10 points.

But I would like to know what you based your prediction on. I doubt you have seen either team play.

Even though San Jacinto is 11-0, a comparison of the Ravens' wins and the Seahawks' wins shows Lamar State playing a tougher schedule so far, including victories over highly-rated Lon Morris, pre-season No. 21 Shelton State and two other established D-I teams -- Delgado Community College, the 2010 Miss-Lou Conference champion, and Lawson State Community College.

San Jac has four wins over Lone Star College System schools, which compete in a recreational league. The Ravens also have two wins against Coastal Bend College, which is an third-year independent, and one win over Victoria College, a second-year independent.

They also beat the Stephen F. Austin State University basketball club, another recreational league team.

So, that leaves only three wins over D-I teams -- Temple College, Collin County Community College and a squeaker overtime win at Blinn College.

I think its safer to wait until the final buzzer Wednesday to see how the Lamar State - San Jacinto game goes.

I did get one bit of bad news today. The Seahawks go against San Jacinto tonight without the services of freshman guard Markens Charles, who suffered a broken hand in the Texas Riders game.

Charles had been averaging 11.8 points per game in a reserve role, and has been the best free throw shooter on the team, hitting on 43 of 55 attempts for 78 percent accuracy. He has been to the charity stripe more often than another other Seahawk.

Charles will be out around six weeks with the injury.

I hate to admit that you were right....but you were right.

The Seahawks defense has been their Achillies heel so far this season. It has allowed teams to stay in games and have a chance to win at the end.

Lamar State led by five points at half-time at San Jac, but allowed the Ravens to control the second half and win the game. The defense will have to improve or there will be more nights like this.

It won't get that much easier for the Seahawks on Saturday. Jacksonville is 10-2 overall and 2-0 in Region XIV play.

The Jaguars' wins include then-No. 5 Midland College.

They play a very up-tempo game and opened conference action on the road crushing Angelina College, 127-95.

They scored move 100 points in six games and most were over 120 points. They demolished the Wiley College JV squad, 150-65. The Seahawks also beat WCJV, but the score was a lot closer, 106-58.

• 2 years later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124