East Chambers vs. Cameron Yoe Game Thread/YOE Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
Yoe may never admit it, but they were worried and squirming late into the 4th quarter. When Jones plowed into the endzone bringing the score to 22-38, Yoe was nearly in for the fight of their lives. The dagger was EC's onside kick that the Yoe player jumped up and caught then had open field for a uncontested TD.

Awesome and I mean AWESOME JOB by the Bucs!  ;D  Hank "THE TANK" Jones was phenomenal. Hank shredded the Yoe "D" for probably 200 yards. Take away the muffed kick 20 seconds til' halftime (= Yoe 7 points) and the on side kick giving Yoe a TD in the fourth, and the Bucs may very well have won this game. 

Hank and all the Seniors will be missed. The Bucs can take great pride in walking off the field having given Yoe "all they wanted and then some", and take great pride in being the #1 2A team in the SETX area in 2010.  GREAT JOB AND CONGRATS TO COACH V AND [u]ALL[/u] THE BUCS!!! ;D  ;D ;D

Well, what a change in a week.  Tbh, this is the worst game of the year we have had....more so defensively.  In the 1st half I was not that upset.  We gave up 1 score in which there was a roughing the kicker and fake punt which led to a score.  In the second half we came out and score 2 quick TD's to go u 38-7 in the early to mid-part of the 3rd.  Then EC broke off big play after big play.  Offensively, I thought we did a pretty good job the whole night.

I did notice that our top WR and top cover man did go down on the 1st offensive play of the night. 

I do give EC credit.  They are a very tough team that never gave up.  Congrats on a very good season. 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="919822" timestamp="1290839651"]
Yoe may never admit it, but they were worried and squirming late into the 4th quarter. When Jones plowed into the endzone bringing the score to 22-38, Yoe was nearly in for the fight of their lives. The dagger was EC's onside kick that the Yoe player jumped up and caught then had open field for a uncontested TD.

Awesome and I mean AWESOME JOB by the Bucs!  ;D  Hank "THE TANK" Jones was phenomenal.[b] [u]Hank shredded the Yoe "D" for probably 200 yards.[/u][/b] Take away the muffed kick 20 seconds til' halftime (= Yoe 7 points) and the on side kick giving Yoe a TD in the fourth, and the Bucs may very well have won this game.  

Hank and all the Seniors will be missed. The Bucs can take great pride in walking off the field having given Yoe "all they wanted and then some", and take great pride in being the #1 2A team in the SETX area in 2010.  GREAT JOB AND CONGRATS TO COACH V AND [u]ALL[/u] THE BUCS!!! ;D  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Well, I was real close! Hank had 195 years on the ground, and was 21 of 32 passing for 153 yards. Hank is a friggin' BEAST!

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/East-Chambers-football-team-s-late-run-still-ends-834954.php

Nice read in the Beaumont Enterprise.  

Guest ECBucFan
No doubt! Mart many times, then Daingerfield, now possibly Yoe! This actually has been going on longer than the past few years. No "pretenders" left in the third round, just contenders.  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami