Big School Basketball Question ???

whsalum

With all the recent discussion about building the new multi-million dollar basketball complex in Beaumont I have to ask, where are the fans?Since my kids have gone off to college I have been able to look at the schedule the last couple of years and check out the best looking games.Last year on trips to Silsbee,HJ,Kountze,Spurger and EC the places were packed.The atmosphere was great.Now I realize it's early season but last nights crowd at West Brook was terrible.Often when the cameras scan the gym at WB,Central and even Ozan the crowds just don't compare.Not sure how they are gonna justify a 10 million dollar gym when their putting 100 people in the seats.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="911900" timestamp="1290051384"]
Both Central and West Brook still have football teams in the playoffs. After there seasons end, their fans with convert over to basketball I bet. Just a though! For Ozen, now sure what the deal is. Maybe noone cared to watch them play a good PAM team.
[/quote]I'm assuming you're saying the Ozen fans weren't there in great numbers. Hmm? I hear their girl's team is really good this year. Maybe the fans are focused on that team.

Haven't seen a packed house at WB basketball games in a while. WB has some good incoming freshman, hopefully the stands will start to fill up soon.  Central girls and Ozen girls have a good following.

New gym could also bring playoff games, AAU events, Lil Dribler events, etc. Add the hotel and get the rates better then or comparable to the the local hotels, and the baseball/softball teams that play here would use it also.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="912084" timestamp="1290093100"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=76293.msg911900#msg911900 date=1290051384]
Both Central and West Brook still have football teams in the playoffs. After there seasons end, their fans with convert over to basketball I bet. Just a though! For Ozen, now sure what the deal is. Maybe noone cared to watch them play a good PAM team.
[/quote]I'm assuming you're saying the Ozen fans weren't there in great numbers. Hmm? I hear their girl's team is really good this year. Maybe the fans are focused on that team.
[/quote]Girls team is awesone. They're led by Asia Booker, she's the daughter of former Hawk, Ramona Jones.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83