LU Women Aim For Return To NCAA Tourney

KFDM COOP

They are going to be very exciting to watch. If you haven't never watched a women's basketball game in person you'll be surprised at their athletic ablities.

Lamar is loaded from top to bottom with two players that are flat out studs in Plumey and Loyd.

The only weakness IMO is the lack of scoring in the post but if they can get that fixed I can see them dancing in March again.

[quote name="bigred360" post="903387" timestamp="1289412777"]
They are going to be very exciting to watch. If you haven't never watched a women's basketball game in person you'll be surprised at their athletic ablities.

Lamar is loaded from top to bottom with two players that are flat out studs in Plumey and Loyd.

The only weakness IMO is the lack of scoring in the post but if they can get that fixed I can see them dancing in March again.
[/quote]

Agreed on all points. The Lady Cards are going to win the majority of their conference games just because they have more talent than their opponents. That doesn't mean they'll go undefeated in SLC play, because that's a tough task and there are some good players in the league that will pose match up issues.

The potential lack of post scoring is a concern because an solid inside presence makes things that much easier for the guards. The defensive post presence is there though, as Tray Smith is the best defender in the SLC, even if she doesn't get nominated for defensive player of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if you see Loyd take advantage of her size and go inside some, and the Lady Cards are likely to have a couple of ladies step up and get the job done enough to make a difference. You might not get the same point production that you did over the last couple of season with Hill and Williams, but you I'm willing to bet they won't be looking to rely on it as much either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami