2 rounds in..

aTmfan06

I have always thought that we must have club VB tournaments every weekend from around 12/1 until 6/1 in the Triangle (just like in Houston and other large communities) to be able to compete with the larger areas in post season.

The cost for a person to join, travel and play for clubs like JCJ is simply cost prohibitive to most in the area (not to mention the travel cost of parents and fans).

I know it would be hard but can be done if all schools in the area wanted it.  Plenty of ex-coaches & ex-players available without having to use parents.  Must screen & pay well to get & keep good coaches.

Sometimes I have thought some schools/communities don't want more girls involved in order to make their schools better in district play without considering how weak it makes the entire district in post season.

Playing with a select volleyball club is an investment in your child. (the sacrifice is well worth it) The talent is not the same in the golden triangle as it was 20 years ago...teams worked hard and winning district was a BIG deal, which is not the case now.  Select teams are the best way to get your child exposure to colleges and enhance their skills to compete with the next level kids. (Houston/Dallas)  Tri City Heat select volleyball club held tryouts in the golden triangle yesterday.. :o

I enjoyed the State VB Tourney again last season; but will not go back.  It was apparent that the top teams were chosen towns near big cities that STACKED all the best club girls on a lower enrollment High School program-- mostly done by affluent parents.

They could not help but win with teams made of great club players from a large geographic area.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476