Shot Clock?

Guest Uncle Rico

Problem is, Who is going to run it?

Now is most schools you have teachers, coaches running the clock. I mean you would have to have a third ref at each game just to run the clock and shot clock.

I don't think it would make for better games. Most of the time the stall is used to keep a team from running up a score. It is a good test of coaching ability and team discipline. I understand from a fan's point of view it's boring, but if you know what's going on "it ant".

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it would make for better games. Most of the time the stall is used to keep a team from running up a score. It is a good test of coaching ability and team discipline. I understand from a fan's point of view it's boring' date=' but if you know what's going on "it ant".[/quote']

Sorry, but most of the time it is used to hold a slim lead. I have no problem with teams stalling for a short time in the last couple of minutes (it's a good strategy all teams use), but I have been to some playoff games when teams started holding the ball with over 4 minutes left. That is just ridiculous. If they do start using a shot clock, it would certainly make coaches learn to coach their butt off!

i'd go for a shot clock. It gets really annoying when another team is ahead by a few points and starts holding the ball with a minute left. the team playing defense doesnt get an actual chance to score and with a shot clock the game would be more interesting and might have you on the edge of your seat. And about the score be ran up... well blowouts happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami