GCM vs LEE

QB01

Any predictions this week for the 4a Battle of Baytown.  I know the younger kids are fired up in talking with my son.  Anyone know how Lee's subvarsitys have done.  Cbear, you hear anything from your kid about the varsity guys are getting ready.  I predict GCM finish out the year on a good note with victorys by all teams. 

Have not been on in a while... Still recovering from that "powder puff" game from last week. Congrats to the Freshman team... I hope they can help out next season somehow. I am telling you that there will be a switch in the attitude of the coaches going to the JV and varsity.

I would like to ask their outside linebackers about how to take on a block using the correct shoulder "inside out"  and how to take on a cut block. They do not work on it. 
DL how to get separation off of a blocker. We have one of the strongest kids in the district on the DL and I could whip him at the line still today. He plays horible technique. Not his fault, he was never taught.
DB's how they are taught to tackle, oh, they rarely do tacklin drills. None of defense does. Its a freakin joke...
WR's and QB (heck our coach) to read "man to man" or "zone".
QB what the difference between this and cover 2 and cover 3.

Have any of our position coaches ever actually played or coached at the position they are coaching in now? Can our coaches leave our QB a choice to "check down" when he see's blitz coming. Our QB could not read this if his life depended on it. Our Def. Coord. how to teach kids to stay disciplined or they will not play.

Why is our best RB on the bench all game, every game? Can we switch it up a bit. Can we run some routes in the middle of the field where our receivers can make plays on the run? Not stop, turn around, catch (maybe) then run. Heck I still say our best QB is not playing the position. Maybe he is still hurt, I don't know...

Coach acts like a jerk to the kids and expects them to play for him friday Night. If anyone wants to challenge me on any of it, go ahead you willl have a tough time making an argument. I can tell you I could debate just about any of our coaches on teaching technique and I think I would win. Replies?

Many sorries for my ramble! I look forward to watching the underclassmen next season contribute. May a few of the Freshman coaches come up to the varsity and light a fire under the kids next season. They need constant motivation. Youd luck to your son. I will still watch all the games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami