Could Kirbyville Beat any SETX 5A school?

BADSANTA

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="887214" timestamp="1288032532"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=75026.msg887155#msg887155 date=1288029229]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=75026.msg886957#msg886957 date=1288019149]
If Kirbyville can’t win state in 2A how do you figure they would beat any 5A team
[/quote]
I see this come up from time to time on different threads. No we did not win state even at 2A level. But we were there (twice) and a whole lot of folks would love to say that. If you think of how many schools there are in Texas, how much talent is out there, and all the teams you have to go through you have to know that a team that makes it to state at 1A or 5A has to have something special. After all Texas is the land of high school football! As for depth....... We hear about it everytime we play a bigger school. The young men in Kirbyville think everyone plays both ways. They don't know any other way to play. Iron man football or not I have never seen them get gassed. I would not say they could beat any 5a team, But I would go as far as they could leave any team knowing that they were just in a ball game. JMO  ;D
[/quote]

I agree kville68 ...And by the way tiger05 I think the State trophy count is about even between us..Don't you...Has Silsbee ever been in a State Final Game... ;)
[/quote]
Silsbee does not have any state Trophy’s
Nor could they win against the majority of 5A teams
Same applies for Kirbyville

[quote name="SFA85" post="887302" timestamp="1288038470"]
Once apon a time, a group of Panthers from Anahauc, led by Micheal Ricks, went to the Black Pearl and put it on then 5A Vidor so anything is possible......
[/quote]

I grew up in Anahuac watching Mikhael Ricks.  Talk about one heck of an athlete and a very good football team they had that yr...if that was his Sr yr.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83