Will Newton Make the Playoffs?

Guest Jmeek

Will Newton Make the Playoffs, if so what spot?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will Newton Make the Playoffs, if so what spot?

• 1 SEED
    • 2 SEED
    • 3 SEED
    • NO

The question for years wasn't would Newton make the playoffs, but how far in the playoffs would they go. This year I see a rough road ahead for this team. I don't think they can be predicted. Plenty of capable athletes that seem to be not playing to their fullest strengths. Now this can be from the loss of long time coach, not playing together, or many other things too numerous to list, including a defense that has been underachieving for two years now. These kids have to dig deep in tradition and put it all together with the help of the current coaches or it's all over. I for one am uncomfortable with the wait till next year scenario. Third in district would probably be a good guess, but who knows.

Newton has the athletes to compete well with the other teams.  There was very little preparation last week and EC came ready to play.  Not taking anything away from them, but if this conversation was two months ago, we'd be asking if EC would make the playoffs.  This district is close and a couple of missteps will derail a team's ambitions for the year.  Newton had an extreme psychological advantage over EC prior to last week.  That's just as important as anything.  Newton will make the playoffs but probably as a third place team.  This week will tell a lot about 10-2A.

[quote name="SouthArise" post="867983" timestamp="1286477285"]
Can they Rebound?
[/quote]
Why do you continuously attempt to measure a team that is one week removed from losing the definition of NEWTON, TX?  Last week the varsity practiced a total of 6 hours that was spread out over the course of 4 days. Please let the “boys” find themselves and figure out what’s what before people throw them under the bus with all the criticism. They will be fine. Without a doubt they will “bounce back.” Find something else to do besides writing meaningless and degrading posts about a team you supposedly played for. Where is your team pride? Where is your dedication?

[quote name="ZATARRA" post="868457" timestamp="1286508196"]
[quote author=SouthArise link=topic=74093.msg867983#msg867983 date=1286477285]
Can they Rebound?
[/quote]
Why do you continuously attempt to measure a team that is one week removed from losing the definition of NEWTON, TX?  Last week the varsity practiced a total of 6 hours that was spread out over the course of 4 days. Please let the “boys” find themselves and figure out what’s what before people throw them under the bus with all the criticism. They will be fine. Without a doubt they will “bounce back.” Find something else to do besides writing meaningless and degrading posts about a team you supposedly played for. Where is your team pride? Where is your dedication?
[/quote]
Remove the rose colored glasses and look. I've seen many, many Eagle teams in the past and this one has had problems from the get go. The defense(and I use that term lightly) has been non existent for two years now. You can not be an outstanding team without having a good defense. The only game this team has shown up for was the Silsbee game. I don't always agree with SouthArise but they have every right to post on this board without your approval and continued attempt at being the all everything voice of Newton. Blindly following does not a leader make. If you want the "boys" to continue to be "boys", protect them all you can and give them candy at the end of the game. If you want the "boys" to become young men, expect them to stand up and be counted, as I do. I have 43 years of Newton athletic dedication, how many you got?

Remove the rose colored glasses and look. I've seen many, many Eagle teams in the past and this one has had problems from the get go. The defense(and I use that term lightly) has been non existent for two years now. You can not be an outstanding team without having a good defense. The only game this team has shown up for was the Silsbee game. I don't always agree with SouthArise but they have every right to post on this board without your approval and continued attempt at being the all everything voice of Newton. Blindly following does not a leader make. If you want the "boys" to continue to be "boys", protect them all you can and give them candy at the end of the game. If you want the "boys" to become young men, expect them to stand up and be counted, as I do. I have 43 years of Newton athletic dedication, how many you got?
[/quote]but the

No argument from me. The ??defense?? is lacking a certain fire that great defenses have. This team has to have a leader step up and take charge.  The players need to hold each other accountable and up to a certain standard but I don’t think that is going on right now. To many Indians and no chief. All I was saying is that it’s a little early to throw the Newton Eagles out of the race just because of a little choppy water. But SouthArise throws darts any chance he gets.  Also, I have 23 years  of being a Newton eagle fan.

[quote name="ZATARRA" post="868649" timestamp="1286548486"]

[/quote]but the

No argument from me. The ??defense?? is lacking a certain fire that great defenses have. This team has to have a leader step up and take charge.  The players need to hold each other accountable and up to a certain standard but I don’t think that is going on right now. To many Indians and no chief. All I was saying is that it’s a little early to throw the Newton Eagles out of the race just because of a little choppy water. But SouthArise throws darts any chance he gets.  Also, I have 23 years  of being a Newton eagle fan.
[/quote]

Throwing Darts is Fun  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami