Dayton Fans: Don't get too excited

A 54 - 0 win is great, but remember that this team is 1 - 3.  I saw a ton of positives vs BH and the win was a great confidence builder BUT there is a lot of football left to be played.  The team is young and there is a ton of room for improvement.  Cheer them on, pat them on the back and support them for doing a good job, but don't get the BIG HEAD because there are a lot of really good teams out there.  Go Broncos, keep working hard and you can go as far as you want to.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="856995" timestamp="1285447644"]
No I don't think so. I'm in the mood for irrational exuberance! ;D

[move][size=14pt][color=purple]54 - 0 !!! WooHoo!!![/color][/size][/move]
[/quote]

I meant the part about theres a long way to go.  If you win, be all means, have some swag... You've earned it.

Just kidding.  ;) It is nice to get a W, but there are a lot more football games to be played. The Broncos offense still has a lot of fine tuning to do. Half the points we scored last night were gifts from the hill. I'm still baffled as to why the Broncos don't throw over the middle of the field more. They threw one ball over the middle last night on a 3rd and 13 for a first down. They have good receivers and an accurate QB so I'm not sure. I just think if they mixed it up a bit more (inside/outside) they would be more effective. But hey, that's why I'm turning valves and not coaching.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="857041" timestamp="1285449403"]
Just kidding.  ;) It is nice to get a W, but there are a lot more football games to be played. The Broncos offense still has a lot of fine tuning to do. Half the points we scored last night were gifts from the hill. I'm still baffled as to why the Broncos don't throw over the middle of the field more. They threw one ball over the middle last night on a 3rd and 13 for a first down. They have good receivers and an accurate QB so I'm not sure. I just think if they mixed it up a bit more (inside/outside) they would be more effective. But hey, that's why I'm turning valves and not coaching.
[/quote]

The 3 games i've seen yalls QB in, he has had to roll to the outside, which makes it harder to pass down the middle.  He prolly has to do that, cuz of his size.  Keeps the DL from batting passes down.  JMO

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="857057" timestamp="1285450072"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=73488.msg857041#msg857041 date=1285449403]
[/quote]

The 3 games i've seen yalls QB in, he has had to roll to the outside, which makes it harder to pass down the middle.  He prolly has to do that, cuz of his size.  Keeps the DL from batting passes down.  JMO
[/quote] yep thats what i thought. he is smaller them most coming at him. would be hard for him to see the receiver to throw to. but he is a good QB

Not me I'm all in on the excited being 1-3.It's kinda like a stock market buy it when their down but w/potential growth.Bronco shares took some hits and dropped out of the top 20 but have looked @ times like fierce competitors.Dividends will pay off in the next coming month.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="858870" timestamp="1285582899"]
This will be a big game this week.
Will have to see how Dayton does against the team in 19-4A that so far has the best record and best offensive stats of any team.
[/quote] So guess we have the go ahead to get excited? Being Dayton beat the [b]team in 19-4A that so far has the best record and best offensive stats of any team.[/b] 52-23 ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="865541" timestamp="1286204774"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=73488.msg858870#msg858870 date=1285582899]
Will have to see how Dayton does against the team in 19-4A that so far has the best record and best offensive stats of any team.
[/quote] So guess we have the go ahead to get excited? Being Dayton beat the [b]team in 19-4A that so far has the best record and best offensive stats of any team.[/b] 52-23 ;D
[/quote]

I'm all for the broncos, but we still don't have a winning record.  There's a lot of work to do if they want to make a deep run.  You know as well as I do that winning district or just getting to the playoffs doesn't make a season successful.  It might work that way for the rest of 19-4A, but I want to see the Broncos going deep in the playoffs.  If they want this, then they still have some areas that need to be dramatically improved upon.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="865701" timestamp="1286221112"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=73488.msg865541#msg865541 date=1286204774]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=73488.msg858870#msg858870 date=1285582899]
[/quote]

I'm all for the broncos, but we still don't have a winning record.  There's a lot of work to do if they want to make a deep run.  You know as well as I do that winning district or just getting to the playoffs doesn't make a season successful.  It might work that way for the rest of 19-4A, but I want to see the Broncos going deep in the playoffs.  If they want this, then they still have some areas that need to be dramatically improved upon.
[/quote] uh huh and as we both also know, that any areas that need dramatic attention to fixin, Stewart is already on it. *wonders* if fixin the problem requires wearing blue shirts? ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami