Bridge City at Kirbyville Broadcast**KIRBYVILLE WINS 51-31***

WOSgrad

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="allsportsguy" post="850416" timestamp="1284845366"]
I want to start off by saying Kirbyville played a great game and they have something to be proud of in their team. What I continue not to understand is how you all think BC is all about Matt M. he is definetly the leader on the team as he should be most QB's are but if you look at the stats on the game he has a very good supporting cast from his OL to his receivers and everyone else on the team. Everyone has a job to do and if they don't do their job the play is busted. I posted the stats from the game to show BC's supporting cast was just as effective as KV's. This game was won by the one who had less turnovers period not who had the most talent imo the talent level was even KV just happen not to make as many mistakes.

Rushing:  Kirbyville, Ford 23-197,              Ervine 8-76, Haywood 11-42, Jones 1-(-6);
Bridge City,           Menard 20-148,          Clark 14-89,  Carpenter 1-6.

Passing: Kirbyville,jones, 2-7-1 77, Keen 1-1-0 32;
Bridge City, Menard, 10-28-3 176, Carpenter 0-2-1 0.

Receiving: Kirbyville,    Vanya 2-104,   Haywood 1-5;
               Bridge City, Dishon 6-119,  Broussard 3-51, Carpenter 1-6.
                      KV   BC
First downs     17     22

Rushes-yards    43-309 35-24
Passing            109     176

Comp-Att-Int    3-8-1        10-30-4

Fumbles-Lost    0-0 0-0

Penalties-yards 8-75   3-15

[/quote]

I am sorry I have to respectfully disagree with you.  Stats or not, without Menard BC could not perform at any level. He is a powerful runner and has a great arm anything anyone else got away with was still because of his execution. He passes it, he fakes the keeper or he keeps it and runs it himself. Thats just the way it is IMO.

[quote name="kville" post="851068" timestamp="1284905112"]
[quote author=allsportsguy link=topic=73097.msg850416#msg850416 date=1284845366]
I want to start off by saying Kirbyville played a great game and they have something to be proud of in their team. What I continue not to understand is how you all think BC is all about Matt M. he is definetly the leader on the team as he should be most QB's are but if you look at the stats on the game he has a very good supporting cast from his OL to his receivers and everyone else on the team. Everyone has a job to do and if they don't do their job the play is busted. I posted the stats from the game to show BC's supporting cast was just as effective as KV's. This game was won by the one who had less turnovers period not who had the most talent imo the talent level was even KV just happen not to make as many mistakes.

Rushing:  Kirbyville, Ford 23-197,              Ervine 8-76, Haywood 11-42, Jones 1-(-6);

KV   BC

Fumbles-Lost    0-0 0-0

[/quote]

I am sorry I have to respectfully disagree with you.  Stats or not, without Menard BC could not perform at any level. He is a powerful runner and has a great arm anything anyone else got away with was still because of his execution. He passes it, he fakes the keeper or he keeps it and runs it himself. Thats just the way it is IMO.
[/quote]

I won't say he is all of it..But he IS a good majority of it...Good Athlete no doubt..

[quote name="kville" post="851068" timestamp="1284905112"]
[quote author=allsportsguy link=topic=73097.msg850416#msg850416 date=1284845366]

KV   BC

Fumbles-Lost    0-0 0-0

[/quote]

[/quote]

So your saying that without Ford KVille could not perform at any level?

[quote name="kville" post="850271" timestamp="1284829841"]
I did n't underestimate BC but I did underestimate Minard. They only got control of him in the 3rd. Funny thing though I had a friend from BC at the game and I commented to him how they better keep Menard healthy because he seems to be the whole team. His response was "Looks like Ford is all yall have got." Well I don't know what game they were watching from the visitors side but from my spot it looked like Kirbyville had a lot of weapons to chose from. i know that they use Ford as a constant distraction and people should respect what he might do on any play. But he is far from "all we got".
[/quote] So You Or Saying That He Just Threw The Ball And Went And Received It, And That He Just Laid ed The Ball Down And Went And Blocked And Went Back And Got The Ball And Ran it. Man Kirbyvilles Defense Must Be Bad. Or You Don't Know Much About Football. It Takes 11

Guest rykerx144
First of all i think that Kirbyville would still be very good without Ford!  Ask any team that they have played this year, Ervine and Haywood could fill that gap pretty well. 

I think Menard is big part of Bridge Citys Offense.  They are a very good team all around.  They would be successful even with out him.  He is a tough back and they are even better with him.  Losing him would take alot away from their success but they would still hold their own.

I do think Kirbyville would do well without Ford. Glad to have him. Would not want to lose him. But they are not a one man show at all despite what people might say. As for Menard the young man is a beast and I only wish we had a lower your shoulder head breaker like him. He had a very seasoned Kville looking bad.

Obviously someone is blocking for him (not that he needed any help most of the time)
Obviously someone catches the pass

But he was responsible for 77.5% of the total offense (not a made up %)
Plus he was on every special team 

May be I spoke too strongly and for that I appologize. He made a fan out of me & I hope he stays healthy and has more success.             

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83