District 20 4a first round.. who ya got in the district competition?

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="848438" timestamp="1284646766"]
I think all of the games will be good, I don't think any of the teams this year have solid defenses, so there could be some high scoring games. Don't think any of the teams go past the second round this year. I will say this though, PNG is till the defending district champs and have won it way more then lumberton and LCM combined. That's why we talk about district championships because were use to winning them. Who knows this year, it ought to be fun to watch
[/quote]sure and we all know that, who doesn't? I just find it funny that when someone has opinion contrary to yours, we are drinking something?! so it should be interesting, yes. and thanks for the clarification on the district championships, pretty humble guy ???

Really everyone.  All things being equal, I dont know of anyone that doesnt think PNG has the best shot at the title this year.  Take into account their returning talent from last years district championship team and the talent pool coming from their undefeated JV team last year and its hard to not count them as front runners.  Lets face it, their predistrict schedule was hard.  I would love to throw my pirates in the mix for the district title but I am a realist.  We have some improving to do, but who knows, this is football and anything can happen. So lets just say it should be:

PNG-  See above
Ozen-  I think they got it together this year
Central-  They are really good, people will see
Nederland-  If they can get healthy  ( If not, anyone of the other teams can take the 4th spot)

[quote name="dont tread on me" post="848521" timestamp="1284656580"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=72958.msg848515#msg848515 date=1284656142]
Rookie ::) Chill out it's all in fun.
[/quote]whatever dude, you know your comment was pretty silly, so don't try to pass the buck ;D
[/quote]
Actually I was responding to Oldtimer from Lumberton's comments. I'll be the first to say that LCM's offense has been impressive and Lumberton has done well. I just know how to rank them since their opponents aren't all that good this year. Not knocking them, just we'll have to wait and see if anyone can knock off the NDNS. ;D

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="848548" timestamp="1284659413"]
Really everone.  [b]All things being equal I dont no of anyone that doesnt think PNG has the best shot at the title this year. [/b]  Take into account their returning talent from last years district championship team and the talent pool coming from there undefeated JV team last year its hard to not count them as front runners.  Lets face it there predistrict schedule was hard.  I would love to throw my pirates in the mix for the district title but I am a realist.  We have some improving to do but, who knows, this is football anthing can happen. So lets just say it should be:

PNG-  See above
Ozen-  I think they got it together this year
Central-  They are really good, people will see
Nederland-  If they can get healthy  ( If not, anyone of the other teams can take the 4th spot)
[/quote]

Well, I'm one who disagree with you, and I'm sure there are many more. PNG is going to be good, but I don't think they have the best shot. It's way to early to tell. With that said, don't count out Lumberton. We may have played some weak teams, but we beat them by a large margin.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="848558" timestamp="1284660221"]
[quote author=dont tread on me link=topic=72958.msg848521#msg848521 date=1284656580]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=72958.msg848515#msg848515 date=1284656142]
Rookie ::) Chill out it's all in fun.
[/quote]whatever dude, you know your comment was pretty silly, so don't try to pass the buck ;D
[/quote]
Actually I was responding to Oldtimer from Lumberton's comments. I'll be the first to say that LCM's offense has been impressive and Lumberton has done well. I just know how to rank them since their opponents aren't all that good this year. [b]Not knocking them, just we'll have to wait and see if anyone can knock off the NDNS.[/b] ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D I know of 2 teams who already have  ;D ;D

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="848564" timestamp="1284660384"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=72958.msg848548#msg848548 date=1284659413]
Really everone.  [b]All things being equal I dont no of anyone that doesnt think PNG has the best shot at the title this year. [/b]  Take into account their returning talent from last years district championship team and the talent pool coming from there undefeated JV team last year its hard to not count them as front runners.  Lets face it there predistrict schedule was hard.  I would love to throw my pirates in the mix for the district title but I am a realist.  We have some improving to do but, who knows, this is football anthing can happen. So lets just say it should be:

PNG-  See above
Nederland-  If they can get healthy  ( If not, anyone of the other teams can take the 4th spot)
[/quote]

Well, I'm one who disagree with you, and I'm sure there are many more. PNG is going to be good, but I don't think they have the best shot. It's way to early to tell. With that said, don't count out Lumberton. We may have played some weak teams, but we beat them by a large margin.
[/quote]
I'll agree with you on the large margin victories, but I still think you have to throw Central, Ozen, PNG, LCM, Lumberton, Livingston in there. Nederland is hurting right now, and Vidor is REALLY hurting right now. It's a toss up, but when it's a toss up, you have to give the edge to the team that won it last year. That's all I'm saying. If Lumberton was the defending champ and all teams seemed somewhat equal starting district, I would say the same about them. It just so happens to be PNG last year.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="848575" timestamp="1284660769"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=72958.msg848564#msg848564 date=1284660384]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=72958.msg848548#msg848548 date=1284659413]

PNG-  See above
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'll agree with you on the large margin victories, but I still think you have to throw Central, Ozen, PNG, LCM, Lumberton, Livingston in there. Nederland is hurting right now, and Vidor is REALLY hurting right now. It's a toss up, but when it's a toss up, you have to give the edge to the team that won it last year. That's all I'm saying. If Lumberton was the defending champ and all teams seemed somewhat equal starting district, I would say the same about them. It just so happens to be PNG last year.
[/quote]

I see your points........I agree with your mix, just maybe not the order  ;D

and who knows, I might be eating BBQ Crow in a couple weeks  ;)

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="848606" timestamp="1284662988"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=72958.msg848586#msg848586 date=1284661531]
Chippy, ya'll in Peewee or Junior this year?
[/quote]

Jr......Lumberton Red  ;)

We have a strong team, A LOT of talent on that team!

[/quote]
Sounds good, we play ya'll last game of the season PNG White

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="848612" timestamp="1284663183"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=72958.msg848606#msg848606 date=1284662988]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=72958.msg848586#msg848586 date=1284661531]
Chippy, ya'll in Peewee or Junior this year?
[/quote]

Jr......Lumberton Red  ;)

We have a strong team, A LOT of talent on that team!

[/quote]
Sounds good, we play ya'll last game of the season PNG White
[/quote]

Kewl......see ya there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami