3A schools have been able to compete with 4A

KFDM COOP

They always have. WO-S, you're team of choice is a great example...The Stangs have been competing against 4A schools for years (since dropping to 3A) as has many, many other schools. And, Newton has been competing with 3A schools for years as have many other teams.

Kville_Kats....Eat some of that good Jenny's Fried Chicken for me tonight just in case I can't make the game. Hope I can since it very well may be a "Hoosier" night in East Texas...Good luck to ya'll!

Ever notice when someone is trying to make a point they say "except for", without "except for" the total is 3-3 and NO I'm not saying 3a can't compete with 4a because like someone said in another thread, there are only 11 out there at a time. Everyone knows that WOS competes year in and year out with higher classifications as do some 4a teams, 2a teams, etc. I just think when someone writes an article they should use ALL the stats and not try to dress it up to make it look pretty. That's like saying 19-4a is competing with 20-4a because Dayton is such a powerful team and yet until the playoffs and IF they get there, guess what....19-4a is getting blown away by 20-4a possibly because no one has Dayton on their schedule, just saying.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="843175" timestamp="1284147489"]
Ever notice when someone is trying to make a point they say "except for", without "except for" the total is 3-3 and NO I'm not saying 3a can't compete with 4a because like someone said in another thread, there are only 11 out there at a time. Everyone knows that WOS competes year in and year out with higher classifications as do some 4a teams, 2a teams, etc. I just think when someone writes an article they should use ALL the stats and not try to dress it up to make it look pretty. That's like saying 19-4a is competing with 20-4a because Dayton is such a powerful team and yet until the playoffs and IF they get there, guess what....19-4a is getting blown away by 20-4a possibly because no one has Dayton on their schedule, just saying.
[/quote]

I agree...I think the obvious point here was to make comparisons/spark debate about the Vidor/KV matchup tonight. Problem is that what makes the KV/Vidor game unique is not the 3A vs 4A part (that's been going on for years); it's the fact that KV is really just a 2A school (based on alleged actual numbers) playing a 4A school. And, if the Kats win, it will be a far bigger story than if Silsbee beats Lumberton or some other 3A school beats another 4A school (WO-S over Nederland in week zero). Should be two good 3A vs 4A matchups though with Lumberton/Silsbee and Vidor/Kirbyville. May the best teams win!!!

I think one thing people may be overlooking is the smaller numbers to search, your chance of finding those talented eleven don't just go by percentage, it exponentiates downward. Conversely the larger the number to search the greater chance of finding them. You may can find eleven to field with talent, but there seems to be an assumption that the players behind those eleven will automatically fall off in talent. The larger the number to search may find an equaling of talent over a greater number to choose from. Therefore a team of third string from a 5A school could possibly beat the snot out of a 2A first team. But this is simple mathematics not real life. And as we all know, there are always exceptions to every rule. :D 

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="843221" timestamp="1284151396"]
I think one thing people may be overlooking is the smaller numbers to search, your chance of finding those talented eleven don't just go by percentage, it exponentiates downward. Conversely the larger the number to search the greater chance of finding them. You may can find eleven to field with talent, but there seems to be an assumption that the players behind those eleven will automatically fall off in talent. The larger the number to search may find an equaling of talent over a greater number to choose from. Therefore a team of third string from a 5A school could possibly beat the snot out of a 2A first team. But this is simple mathematics not real life. And as we all know, there are always exceptions to every rule. :D 
[/quote]True dat.
The Lumberton-Silsbee game as far as numbers is concerned is probably the most even since L-Town is the smallest 4a in our district. I personally am curious though what that half student we have looks like and is he/she made up of the top or bottom half? LOL

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="843224" timestamp="1284151639"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72735.msg843221#msg843221 date=1284151396]
[/quote]True dat.
The Lumberton-Silsbee game as far as numbers is concerned is probably the most even since L-Town is the smallest 4a in our district. I personally am curious though what that half student we have looks like and is he/she made up of the top or bottom half? LOL
[/quote]
Could be a righty or lefty! :D

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="843221" timestamp="1284151396"]
[/quote]

Exactly! Well said...Of course; Newton has always found a way to be the exception to that rule, as has WO-S.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="843224" timestamp="1284151639"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72735.msg843221#msg843221 date=1284151396]
[/quote]True dat.
[/quote]

I completely forgot about the 1/2 student. I remember discussion of that "poor soul" during last year's realignment talk. I hope he/she is doing well! LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont