Why so quiet Vidor & Kirbyville???

Guest LR1969

You mean to tell me, I have had to endure the KV/Vidor Polls/Predictions, etc. for a year now and then when the day finally arrives there is no discussion whatsoever? That blows.

NOTE: Friendly discussion/OPINION ahead. Feel free to disagree, etc. but keep it civil. This is all just OPINION/Discussion. Thanks ahead of time.

Believe me...I can understand if everyone is feeling all that they've said and written over the last year in the back of their throat. I know the feeling. It's in mine to. I remember well when I first heard of the game and I thought it was crazy and I saw KV having no chance. Now, a year later, and I find myself looking at the whole thing with new glasses. I still don't like the difference in size but I think KV may be better this year than they were last year and I don't think Vidor is the same Vidor we saw last year. That changes things for me. I still think it's Vidor's game to lose but I think KV has the speed/talent to overcome the roster difference.

I have been watching/following both teams my entire life. And, like many others, I have spent a lot of time arguing over Vidor's inability to ever establish a true passing game. I have questioned why the TE isn't used more and/or the screen pass. But, tonight, I have to argue for the exact opposite from the Pirates. I don't think this is the game to start trying to develop a passing game. I think if Vidor runs the ball and eats up the clock and wears down the Kats, they have a shot at winning this game. If they try to become pass happy, I think the KV secondary eats them alive. In contrast, I think KV has to come out of the gate swinging (and I know they will) and try to build a lead on the Pirates and squash their confidence. If the Kats can score quick and build an early cushion, the Pirates will be forced to play catch up and, fresh legs or not, they may find themselves in a hole too deep to dig out of.

So, there it is...my OPINION (Just an opinion folks). I have no dog in this fight. My mother was a Vidorian and my father was a Wildcat so I can't pick a side in this one. May the best team win and may every player walk off the field at the end of the night knowing they gave 100%. Good luck to both teams and God bless!

[quote name="LR1969" post="842867" timestamp="1284115944"]
You mean to tell me, I have had to endure the KV/Vidor Polls/Predictions, etc. for a year now and then when the day finally arrives there is no discussion whatsoever? That blows.

NOTE: Friendly discussion/OPINION ahead. Feel free to disagree, etc. but keep it civil. This is all just OPINION/Discussion. Thanks ahead of time.

Believe me...I can understand if everyone is feeling all that they've said and written over the last year in the back of their throat. I know the feeling. It's in mine to. I remember well when I first heard of the game and I thought it was crazy and I saw KV having no chance. Now, a year later, and I find myself looking at the whole thing with new glasses. I still don't like the difference in size but I think KV may be better this year than they were last year and I don't think Vidor is the same Vidor we saw last year. That changes things for me. I still think it's Vidor's game to lose but I think KV has the speed/talent to overcome the roster difference.

I have been watching/following both teams my entire life. And, like many others, I have spent a lot of time arguing over Vidor's inability to ever establish a true passing game. I have questioned why the TE isn't used more and/or the screen pass. But, tonight, I have to argue for the exact opposite from the Pirates. I don't think this is the game to start trying to develop a passing game. I think if Vidor runs the ball and eats up the clock and wears down the Kats, they have a shot at winning this game. If they try to become pass happy, I think the KV secondary eats them alive. In contrast, I think KV has to come out of the gate swinging (and I know they will) and try to build a lead on the Pirates and squash their confidence. If the Kats can score quick and build an early cushion, the Pirates will be forced to play catch up and, fresh legs or not, they may find themselves in a hole too deep to dig out of.

So, there it is...my OPINION (Just an opinion folks). I have no dog in this fight. My mother was a Vidorian and my father was a Wildcat so I can't pick a side in this one. May the best team win and may every player walk off the field at the end of the night knowing they gave 100%. Good luck to both teams and God bless!
[/quote]

We had this discussion last year and I told you Kirbyville playing Vidor was not the kiss of death for them..People keep talking about schools having more kids than the other school,They can only play 11 at a time...And you know that the best 11 are gonna start the game,anything else they put in the game is a little less atheletic or talented than they started with..Kirbyville as all small school have players going both ways..Alvarez is a condition man..Kirbyville is ready to play...Kirbyville is in reality a 2A school,playing 3A ball...We have less than the 432 they post...I think it's somewhere around 420 in that area...I'm not saying Kirbyville is gonna beat Vidor,All I'm saying is when Vidor leaves Kirbyville,If the Wildcat's play up to their potential,Vidor will know they played a football game....JMO

The 'Cats just need to play their game. Kirbyville is a second half team and fresh legs or not I think Vidor will be the ones that will get wore down. I think you will not see as many substitutions from the Pirates side as people are expecting simply because they are going to have to keep there best in the game especially in the first half. As Vidor moves deeper into their roster they are going to lose speed, size or talent.  It may come down to who can take the fight out of the other team. This is not the game to play flat or loose confidence. If either team drops their head and gives up even for one set of downs it could go real bad. I would expect Kirbyville to try to jump out to an early lead to try to break the Pirates spirit. Vidor has what it takes to make this a great ball game. Good luck to both teams

I honestly do not believe that Vidor will be able to contain Kirbyville's vaunted rushing attack all night.  As it turns out Texas High isn't as good as years past and I expected a better showing against BC.  Kirbyville did very well in their scrimmage against a pass happy Ozen and I expect the same tonight against Vidor.  The key in the scrimmage against Ozen is that Ozen couldn't run the ball against Kirbyville's defense and I'd be willing to bet that they have better pure athletes than Vidor...no knock on Vidor just what I see.  I know that they have more suited up than Kirbyville, but Kirbyville has more skilled players at key positions.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="842869" timestamp="1284117482"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=72723.msg842867#msg842867 date=1284115944]

[/quote]

We had this discussion last year and I told you Kirbyville playing Vidor was not the kiss of death for them..People keep talking about schools having more kids than the other school,They can only play 11 at a time...And you know that the best 11 are gonna start the game,anything else they put in the game is a little less atheletic or talented than they started with..Kirbyville as all small school have players going both ways..Alvarez is a condition man..Kirbyville is ready to play...Kirbyville is in reality a 2A school,playing 3A ball...We have less than the 432 they post...I think it's somewhere around 420 in that area...I'm not saying Kirbyville is gonna beat Vidor,All I'm saying is when Vidor leaves Kirbyville,If the Wildcat's play up to their potential,Vidor will know they played a football game....JMO
[/quote]

Yeah...I remember the discussion last year. Like I said, things change in the course of a year. I still think last year's Vidor team would have been a tougher opponent for the Kats but I see things a little different this year. And, you're right about only 11 playing at a time. But, my view is still that a team with twice as many players should have the advantage in a football game when playing against a team that is used to playing key players on both sides of the ball. But, I agree with the assertion that the KATS are very well-conditioned and may very well hold up to the Pirates in this one. We will see.
And, I definitely agree with KV really being a 2A school. That has always been my problem with the game. However, I would have to say that KV is among the best 3A schools in the state regardless of actual numbers and I think they'll make a good playoff run this year. I wish them well tonight and I look forward to seeing a great game. Thanks for the CIVIL discussion. God bless!

[quote name="Lefty99" post="842915" timestamp="1284123629"]
I honestly do not believe that Vidor will be able to contain Kirbyville's vaunted rushing attack all night.  As it turns out Texas High isn't as good as years past and I expected a better showing against BC.  Kirbyville did very well in their scrimmage against a pass happy Ozen and I expect the same tonight against Vidor.  The key in the scrimmage against Ozen is that Ozen couldn't run the ball against Kirbyville's defense and I'd be willing to bet that they have better pure athletes than Vidor...no knock on Vidor just what I see.  I know that they have more suited up than Kirbyville, but Kirbyville has more skilled players at key positions.
[/quote]
This is the extended politically correct version of "We gonna tap dat #$$!"

[quote name="SgtRey" post="842934" timestamp="1284126247"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72723.msg842915#msg842915 date=1284123629]
[/quote]
This is the extended politically correct version of "We gonna tap dat #$$!"
[/quote]

I work every angle I can! lol  ;D

Well i guess its so quiet because what Ive seen and herd over the last couple of weeks Kirbyville does most of its talking on the field and my pirates as young as they are, is still trying find there identidy.  We are young but very talanted and just need our defense to start to gel as well as our offense so far.  If we can do that we will make a good game of it.  Good Luck to both teams tonight and I pray for no serios injuries like the one in the JV game last night.  My prayers go out to Benny.  He was a denfense end for Vidor and had a serious leg fracture last night.  We all pray for a speedy recovery for him and that no one tonight will get injured.. Stay safe and this is a prayer my son used early this season and I cant think of anything that puts it into words better.

"Dear Father in heaven, I praise and thank You for using the sport of Football to draw me closer to You. I want to play this game so it is not about me, but all about You. I need Your Spirit to be in total control of my thoughts, actions, emotions and words. Help me not to worship the sport, but to be thankful for the skills and interests you have given me and to use them for Your glory. Help me also to encourage my teammates toward growth and maturity with You. Guide our coaches in making wise choices and help them be the kind of leaders You want them to be. Please keep all players free from injury, according to Your will, and bring healing to those injured. Lord, I trust You to renew my strength in times of weakness so that You will be glorified in everything I do. Help me to praise You in victory and defeat. I love You and thank you for your love for us. I pray these things in Jesus name, Amen! "
Lets Go Pirates

The 'Cats have some serious young men on defense especially in Breed and Tyler so  I do not see Vidor running the ball. I have not seen them play but it has been said that Vidor's passing game is struggling. Tonight will not be a good time to try to "gel" hopefully that has taken place in practice for them this week. I will say politically correct or not.... I think its gonna be Ford and Co. all night! Three good backs a developing passing game, solid D. I could be wrong but I see Kville all the way!

Kville more than 40
Vidor less than 14

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="842976" timestamp="1284131743"]
Well i guess its so quiet because what Ive seen and herd over the last couple of weeks Kirbyville does most of its talking on the field and my pirates as young as they are, is still trying find there identidy.  We are young but very talanted and just need our defense to start to gel as well as our offense so far.  If we can do that we will make a good game of it.  Good Luck to both teams tonight and I pray for no serios injuries like the one in the JV game last night.  My prayers go out to Benny.  He was a denfense end for Vidor and had a serious leg fracture last night.  We all pray for a speedy recovery for him and that no one tonight will get injured.. Stay safe and this is a prayer my son used early this season and I cant think of anything that puts it into words better.

"Dear Father in heaven, I praise and thank You for using the sport of Football to draw me closer to You. I want to play this game so it is not about me, but all about You. I need Your Spirit to be in total control of my thoughts, actions, emotions and words. Help me not to worship the sport, but to be thankful for the skills and interests you have given me and to use them for Your glory. Help me also to encourage my teammates toward growth and maturity with You. Guide our coaches in making wise choices and help them be the kind of leaders You want them to be. Please keep all players free from injury, according to Your will, and bring healing to those injured. Lord, I trust You to renew my strength in times of weakness so that You will be glorified in everything I do. Help me to praise You in victory and defeat. I love You and thank you for your love for us. I pray these things in Jesus name, Amen! "
Lets Go Pirates
[/quote]

Love the prayer...You're right. I think it says it all. God bless!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami