Vidor @ Kirbyville Predictions

kville

Well...it's finally here so I guess all of our "expert opinions" will finally meet the "truth" on Friday night.

I have never been a fan of this match-up. I won't back down from that now. KV is, for all intent and purposes, a 2AA school being forced to play at the 3AAA level and I don't think they should be playing a school Vidor's size. Actually, it's not the KV/Vidor match-up that worries me. KV is a strong 3A/2A school and Vidor is a below average 4A. It's the "weak" small school who follows KV's suit and tries to play a "strong" 4A school. (HF against PN-G for example). I would like for the UIL to set parameters (based on enrollment/not just up/down one classification) to keep such games from being played. Despite that, they are a strong 3AAA school, as proven so far this season. And, as I've said 100 times, if we are only talking starters, KV would win this hands down. They have the talent, discipline, etc. to win big. The only thing Vidor has going for them, as ryker and several others already mentioned, is depth. That is the only thing that keeps Vidor in this game. I don't believe Vidor has to play flawless football to win this one. All they have to do is pound it out, yard for yard, inch by inch, and wear down the Kats. If they can do this...if they can use their depth to their advantage, the Pirates will win this one but probably not by much. However, if Vidor doesn't take advantage of its depth and tries to play KV on the Kats terms, they will be beaten. Either way, I don't see a blowout by either side. I won't even predict a winner or a score but I see it being a close game, unless one of the teams in question loses its mind and forgets its game plan at home...LOL! Good luck to both teams! God bless!

Hey titan do you even know anything about the vidor team, guess not or you would know that number 1 you can't run a system that the oline needs to be able to get movement on if they are out sized, number 2 about the this joker is an idiot, no not hardly i am just bein honest and all the Vidor homers on this forum can't stand it. Maybe they can't handle the truth but oh well and all the kville fans will see it friday night

Guest Kvillecatz
I am hearing from reliable sources in our football program that the goal is to be up by 6 TDs by halftime. They were told that if they did not humiliate Vidor then there would be a price to pay  the following week in practice. I don't agree with the humiliation bit. I was making some bold statements earlier this year about Vidor vs Kville and I still beleive it will be a blowout but in a weird way I feel sympathy for the Vidor palyers with being so young , small and having lack of experience. Why would you want to humiliate them ? I don't want my kid to be taught that way. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="840349" timestamp="1283791690"]
Hey titan do you even know anything about the vidor team, guess not or you would know that number 1 you can't run a system that the oline needs to be able to get movement on if they are out sized, number 2 about the this joker is an idiot, no not hardly i am just bein honest and all the Vidor homers on this forum can't stand it. Maybe they can't handle the truth but oh well and all the kville fans will see it friday night

[/quote]You do know that the Slot-T offense is a deception running attack not a power running game? Actually last years team would have probably been better off getting in the I formation and pounding it(jmo).You cant go and change your offensive schemes every year and be very successful.It takes time to perfect an offense thats why its ran at all grade levels.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Kvillecatz" post="840353" timestamp="1283792022"]
I am hearing from reliable sources in our football program that the goal is to be up by 6 TDs by halftime. They were told that if they did not humiliate Vidor then there would be a price to pay  the following week in practice. I don't agree with the humiliation bit. I was making some bold statements earlier this year about Vidor vs Kville and I still beleive it will be a blowout but in a weird way I feel sympathy for the Vidor palyers with being so young , small and having lack of experience. Why would you want to humiliate them ? I don't want my kid to be taught that way. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

I disagree.  If and I do stress "IF" it was said it was probably said during practice or a work out and they was just motivating the kids.  Coachs tend to talk alot of crap when they are pumping the guys up.  If that is the case then it has no place in here and shouldnt be used in the content you are using it.  Coach Alvarez is class act and WILL NOT humilate anyone or any program. 

[quote name="Kvillecatz" post="840353" timestamp="1283792022"]
[/quote]

As much as I would love to hear that Alverez is being more agressive (I love a get spitting mad on the sidelines coach). I would HIGHLY doubt that he would demand his team to "humiliate" anyone. He has way to much class for that. He always wants them to do their best, keep mistakes to a minimum and keep with the game plan. If nothing else He is way too nice! We ve had bad calls and cheep shots that he SHOULD HAVE LOST HIS MIND OVER and he is as calm as if he was in church. So I do not believe a word of it. If they were to ever get ahead by 6 TDs in the first 1/2 on Vidor or anyone else. You can bet he will call of the dogs because it would be STUPID to risk the health of your players just to make a point and what ever Alverez may or may not be.... He is not stupid. I do see him agressively reminding the boys what people might say about a true 2A team's chances against a 4A team. A little poking at wildcat with a stick to get their hair up. But he would never call for blood.

[quote name="kville" post="840372" timestamp="1283793350"]
[quote author=Kvillecatz link=topic=72561.msg840353#msg840353 date=1283792022]
[/quote]

As much as I would love to hear that Alverez is being more agressive (I love a get spitting mad on the sidelines coach). I would HIGHLY doubt that he would demand his team to "humiliate" anyone. He has way to much class for that. He always wants them to do their best, keep mistakes to a minimum and keep with the game plan. If nothing else He is way too nice! We ve had bad calls and cheep shots that he SHOULD HAVE LOST HIS MIND OVER and he is as calm as if he was in church. So I do not believe a word of it. If they were to ever get ahead by 6 TDs in the first 1/2 on Vidor or anyone else. You can bet he will call of the dogs because it would be STUPID to risk the health of your players just to make a point and what ever Alverez may or may not be.... He is not stupid. I do see him agressively reminding the boys what people might say about a true 2A team's chances against a 4A team. A little poking at wildcat with a stick to get their hair up. But he would never call for blood.
[/quote]

When youv'e lived in Kirbyville as long as I have you will learn this:  You can HEAR everything in the world except "meat frying & money rattling".. ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="pirate68" post="840360" timestamp="1283792215"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=72561.msg840349#msg840349 date=1283791690]

[/quote]You do know that the Slot-T offense is a deception running attack not a power running game? Actually last years team would have probably been better off getting in the I formation and pounding it(jmo).You cant go and change your offensive schemes every year and be very successful.It takes time to perfect an offense thats why its ran at all grade levels.
[/quote]

Well said,  whoever this is knows nothing about how the blocking schemes work in the Slot T or any other offense they are talking about.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="840380" timestamp="1283794194"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=72561.msg840360#msg840360 date=1283792215]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=72561.msg840349#msg840349 date=1283791690]

[/quote]
          ok i forgot just because you are a friend of everyone on this forum what you say goes well just remember this when vidor is 0-5 and everyone else is on here saying the same thing i am. Tell them the same thing, and by the way i know alot more than you think if you only knew lol lol i love this you people hate to hear the truth this website should be called the you better talk good bout Vidor forum

Well said,  whoever this is knows nothing about how the blocking schemes work in the Slot T or any other offense they are talking about.
[/quote]

I would not be suprised to see a little change it the game plan this week. It seems that they have been expanding the O a little each week. They did not realy come to life in Coldspring until they passed a bit and spread the D out a little. The pass from Cucancic last week worked good. A little screen passing to any of the backs would get them out in the open and everyone knows that any one of the three is dangerous on an open field run. I also see very little written about Jones. It seems there is so much talk about Ford and a few others that people forget if Jones does not keep it together the cats are in trouble. Give Jones some love sometime! Everyone loved the Hazelwood boys and I'll admit that I thought we were doomed when Aarron graduated. But with little fan fare Jones has kept things going in the right direction. I guess a true team player does it because he can not for the glory. I'd just like to see him get the respect he deserves.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="840394" timestamp="1283795058"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=72561.msg840380#msg840380 date=1283794194]

[/quote]
           ok i forgot just because you are a friend of everyone on this forum what you say goes well just remember this when vidor is 0-5 and everyone else is on here saying the same thing i am. Tell them the same thing, and by the way i know alot more than you think if you only knew lol lol i love this you people hate to hear the truth this website should be called the you better talk good bout Vidor forum

[/quote]
[/quote]

There is the difference.  I'll go watch and cheer the team when they are 0-5 just as hard and loud as if they were  5-0.  Thats called being a fan.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="840465" timestamp="1283799256"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=72561.msg840453#msg840453 date=1283798575]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=72561.msg840394#msg840394 date=1283795058]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=72561.msg840380#msg840380 date=1283794194]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

There is the difference.  I'll go watch and cheer the team when they are 0-5 just as hard and loud as if they were  5-0.  Thats called being a fan.
[/quote] well i am so happy for you i am not taking off work early to watch them sorry i got to help pay bills for mommie remember
[/quote]

Just remember to smile when you say would you like a cart.

[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="840160" timestamp="1283736315"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=72561.msg840033#msg840033 date=1283724373]
I think that the talent and althletes are definetly in favor of Kirbyville.  The only saving grace that Vidor has is depth.  If they can keep it close and wear the cats down by keeping fresh legs in the game then they might have a shot at the end.  Kirbyville will be playing this game with about 17 kids total (on both sides).  Vidor will be playing with about 60. 
[/quote] Kville have a total of 30 players on varsity that are bad to the bone. We would've had more than that, but several key players got into some trouble.

im not so shure we will be playing 60 kids mabey about 35 max
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami