District 22-4A Playoff Scenarios... *Updated 11/3**

GoDogs27

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS GUYS GUYS! It's simple as this. Lumberton is traveling to Bulldog Stadium with a jammed packed stadium of NEDERLAND BULLDOG FANS! It is senior night in Nederland texas. With Nederland playing Lumberton at home on senior night... Oh no no no no! Nederland is going to win this game on just RAW EMOTION alone. The dogs will run it down there throats all night and our defense is going to play like men possest. Come guys! BULLDOG FANS! COME EARLY! STAY LATE AND BE LOOOUUUD!

Whoever makes the playoffs, I hope their not looking past 21-4A. Dayton is almost a sure 1st round win, but I am not so sure about the rest. Crosby is much improved since playing PNG and BH will compete with most anyone in 22-4A. If Nedeland makes it, then yes they should face Galene Park as the Div-1 reps. GP does not have a stellar defense, however they can outscore you in a hurry. Nederland and GP are much in the same boat defensively. Might be a scoring war.

BH and Central or BH and Dayton will be tough games for all involved. Div-2 is always much harder it seems.

Good luck to all.

Confused? Bmt. Enterprise said today that ALL LCM has to do is beat Vidor and they are in....that means win or lose' date=' Nederland is out......is this true?[/quote']

If Nederland and LC-M win, they will both end up at 4-3. Nederland beat LC-M so that would put Nederland in the playoffs. Head-to-head matchup is always first before you go to other tie breakers. If PN-G and LC-M tied, then LC-M would go having beaten PN-G head-to-head.

The Beaumont Enterprise article says that LC-M will go in a 3-way tie if Nederland and PN-G all win on Friday. By their version, the fact that Nederland beat both LC-M and PN-G is meaningless. From what I have understood from past ties in district, if one team beat both others (thereby beating both head-to-head) that team is in. The Enterprise gives a different version saying in a three way tie, head-to-head does not count.

Does anyone know for sure (although that would only count if PN-G upsets Dayton)?

Guest TravelingBandsman

Vidor Scenario

LCM, Nederland, and PNG lose all 3 of their games, and Vidor defeats LCM by more than 10 I believe

LCM Scenario

LCM defeats Vidor, and Nederland loses to Lumberton

Nederland Scenario

Nederland defeats Lumberton

PNG Scenario

PNG defeats Dayton, Nederland loses to Lumberton, and LCM loses to Vidor.

I think this is all right, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"A two-team tie is broken based on how those teams fared against each other. Nederland beat LC-M and PN-G and would advance if in a two-team tie with either team.

Three- and four-team ties are broken based on the point differential of each game involving the tied teams. There is a differential limit of 18 points placed on each game, which means LC-M's 42-0 victory over PN-G officially counts as an 18-point game when breaking three- and four-team ties.

Although Nederland beat LC-M and PN-G this season, LC-M gets the playoff nod in a three-team tie because its plus-15 point differential against Nederland and PN-G is the best among those teams. Nederland's point margin is plus-10, and PN-G's minus-25.

Added to the mix could be Vidor, which holds a 2-4 district record. The Pirates qualify for the playoffs only if they beat LC-M by nine or more points and if Nederland and PN-G lose.

PN-G can only advance with a victory over Dayton, which is undefeated through six district games, and with losses by Nederland and LC-M. "

This was pulled from this Bmt Enterprise article.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17429827&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=583964&rfi=6

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder