2A Division 1 and Division 2....Playoff Brackets....

With 3 teams going to the playoffs from each district, it means there will be 48 teams playing in each division. That means there will be 24 games in the first round, 12 games in the second round, 6 games in the third round, and 3 games in the fourth round. Doesn't that mean that someone gets a "Bye" in the next round? How is that going to work? 4 Regions with 4 Districts with 3 Playoff Teams each in Division 1 and in Division 2, 48 Teams total in each division...What am I missing? I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP A SIMPLE MINDED NEWTON FAN FIGURE OUT WHAT I'M NOT SEEING HERE. If there is going to be a "Bye"
who gets it? If no "Bye" then Please enlighten Me.

[quote name="Eagleborn" post="829378" timestamp="1282568451"]
District champ gets the bye
[/quote]

I appreciate Your clearing that up for Me. It makes the most sense now that I sit back and think about it. 6 rounds of the playoffs also makes more money for the UIL too.

[quote name="Eagleborn" post="829942" timestamp="1282663128"]
Heres the 2A-DI bracket-http://uil.utexas.edu/athletics/brackets/football/pdf/2A_Division1.pdf

Im hoping we get to meet yall down the road..
[/quote]

I think that could be a good game....I know that it would be a ticket I would buy. Hopefully We'll get to have that matchup and may the best Eagles Win ( the Newton Eagles of Course ). Good Luck To the Tatum Eagles this Season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami