Dayton Video

Has anyone heard anything about Dayton ever getting some game video coverage? I'm not talking about a live broadcast or anything crazy like that. Just game video that can viewed by the general public online somewhere. No offense to you Purple4Ever, but I mean the whole game, not just highlights. Seems like that would have happened by now. Just asking. Wonder what it would take?

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="828429" timestamp="1282381473"]
Has anyone heard anything about Dayton ever getting some game video coverage? I'm not talking about a live broadcast or anything crazy like that. Just game video that can viewed by the general public online somewhere. No offense to you Purple4Ever, but I mean the whole game, not just highlights. Seems like that would have happened by now. Just asking. Wonder what it would take?
[/quote]
Dayton is in no man's land.
Technically we are NOT in the Beaumont TV coverage area, though with a good antenna you can pick up the TV signals (if you are not deep in the woods).
Houston WILL NOT cover Dayton.  Even when LaMarque was churning out the state championships, LaMarques games were never carried live on Houston stations.  With the advent of HD TV and the numerous substations that TV stations are allowed, I could see Dayton getting one game of the week for lets say channel 2, 11, or 13, you would have to have an antenna to pick up these substations (they aren't on satellite, and I don't know if cable carries them).  At least......  I do post highlights and this year the kids will have the option to buy a BluRay disc.  (I don't think there are any teams around that are offering highlight footage on BluRay disc).

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="828454" timestamp="1282393689"]
I wasn't expecting or even thinking about Houston television stations covering the game. I'm just talking about somebody video taping the game from the pressbox. Like I said...just asking. Probably a long shot.

[/quote]
I got an idea....
See what I can do about that....
Stay tuned for updates...

When I was in college (holy shat tyrone went to college) I ran cable for the Austin Westlake football tv show.They had an actual tv crew, sideline reporters, halftime show, and  5-6 cameras covering game.  The boosters/parents paid for the production and purchased airtime on public access cable channels to broadcast the game twice over the weekend.  Top notch production value, I know that area has a little more to work with fiscally, but it was definitely big time.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="828818" timestamp="1282454491"]
When I was in college (holy shat tyrone went to college) I ran cable for the Austin Westlake football tv show.They had an actual tv crew, sideline reporters, halftime show, and  5-6 cameras covering game.  The boosters/parents paid for the production and purchased airtime on public access cable channels to broadcast the game twice over the weekend.  Top notch production value, I know that area has a little more to work with fiscally, but it was definitely big time.
[/quote]
Sounds like our booster club needs to throw a few hundred more cook-offs then! Thanks Tyrone, for making me more optimistic bout` the whole thing!

EAST Greater Houston Area as a whole gets on love in Houston.  KTBU (i support there thrusday game of the week) tend to play more Katy ISD games.  I understand you want to play intersting match-ups but then again...not many districts play a thursday game.  SO unless La Porte played Pasadena ISD (as deer park did against Pasadena Memorial) we wont be on TV. I'll hopefully be able to report the La Porte games so that our friends of SETX can scout us Bulldogs. I'm excited about being actually involved in SETX for more than a week (play-off matchup).

[quote name="LP0175" post="828832" timestamp="1282461048"]
EAST Greater Houston Area as a whole gets on love in Houston.  KTBU (i support there thrusday game of the week) tend to play more Katy ISD games.  I understand you want to play intersting match-ups but then again...not many districts play a thursday game.  SO unless La Porte played Pasadena ISD (as deer park did against Pasadena Memorial) we wont be on TV. I'll hopefully be able to report the La Porte games so that our friends of SETX can scout us Bulldogs. I'm excited about being actually involved in SETX for more than a week (play-off matchup).
[/quote]
Be patient...when WB whips that but in week 10...LP will get on TV... :o :o

[quote name="LP0175" post="828832" timestamp="1282461048"]
EAST Greater Houston Area as a whole gets on love in Houston.  KTBU (i support there thrusday game of the week) tend to play more Katy ISD games.  I understand you want to play intersting match-ups but then again...not many districts play a thursday game.  SO unless La Porte played Pasadena ISD (as deer park did against Pasadena Memorial) we wont be on TV. I'll hopefully be able to report the La Porte games so that our friends of SETX can scout us Bulldogs. I'm excited about being actually involved in SETX for more than a week (play-off matchup).
[/quote]

The reason its more katy isd games is because there are three businesses in katy that donate and buy tv time for the KTBU to broadcast High school games

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124