Beaumont Bulls Youth Football and Cheer/Drill

mfd814

I went out Friday to check out the Bulls.  They look really great.  If you are a former Bull player or parent, you should go by West brook one evening and check them out.  Things are really improved.  Sgt Rey your team looked sharp out there.  Good luck to the Bulls and Belles this year.  1st home game will be at West Brook on Sept 4th. 

I am a very proud BULL nation rep.  I was able to watch the West Brook Freshman scrimmage Friday, and got to see several ex Bulls out there representing.  I did not get to stay for the JV or Varsity, prior commitment.  It was great to see these boys as they have developed, and see their parents all sitting together.  Great job fellas. 

[quote name="mfd814" post="829622" timestamp="1282600775"]
How did the Bulls do in the scrimmage over the weekend?  I'm gonna have to get updates when I can't get to the games.  LOL  
[/quote]
I know the freshman and sophomores(our team) did really well...the juniors and seniors scrimmaged in the back of West Brook...so I don't know...but we have a good core of coaches and kids at the sophomore level...I think if we continue to work, we should be fine....We are definitely demanding more from the kids, so I believe our season is already a success...everybody loves to win, but to truly understand the game, one must learn how to work....then fun will follow.   ;)

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="mfd814" post="846596" timestamp="1284409142"]
Hey Sgt, 

Congrats on the win this Sat for your Bulls.  I see it was a clean sweep.  I worked all night and slept all day, missed the games.  Continued success. 
[/quote]
Thanx....you missed Xavier's first completion...lol!

[quote name="mfd814" post="852943" timestamp="1285091548"]
i see everyone won against LaMarque, Great job!  They are normally a power house at every level.  Good luck at Alvin,I see they are undefeated at every level. Long drive out there.   How's Lil Bruce,  i hope getting better. 
[/quote]
Jr is fine....Powers must have shifted since we were here with Jr...We NEVER lost to Alvin...but you say they are all undefeated....wow...

Hey, what happened, why all the rule changes?

We use to practice when your team showed up(and it was up to the head coach to follow the rules)...and your team was...YOUR TEAM.  It seems like this league went to some serious micro managing?  When did this happen? and Why?

It just seems so different...IDK...guess it works...

I remember when we wouldn't get participation from the parents(conscessions, play monitors, etc..Jay wouldn't allow the games to start...lol!  somebody always came down..

It is micro managing.  Never know if someone is watching the time you start practice, or who would tell someone.  A couple years ago, someone actually got in trouble from another team for starting too soon.  Another team, 2 yrs ago, in summer before season, would take players he knew would play for him 2 at a time, and do QB/center exchange, and pass routes,  hand offs,  2 kids at each corner of field,  because rule said a coach and 3 players was a practice,  they had to put a stop to that.  We started getting more participation about 2 years ago , every now and then we would have to not start a game on time too.  but I think most of those parents moved on the high school by now.  good luck this weekend. 

[quote name="mfd814" post="853869" timestamp="1285193400"]
It is micro managing.  Never know if someone is watching the time you start practice, or who would tell someone.  A couple years ago, someone actually got in trouble from another team for starting too soon.   Another team, 2 yrs ago, in summer before season, would take players he knew would play for him 2 at a time, and do QB/center exchange, and pass routes,  hand offs,   2 kids at each corner of field,  because rule said a coach and 3 players was a practice,  they had to put a stop to that.   We started getting more participation about 2 years ago , every now and then we would have to not start a game on time too.  but I think most of those parents moved on the high school by now.   good luck this weekend. 
[/quote].
Oh...I C...you would think that the coaches selected would be a little more responsible...I remember we were told how many hours we had per week...and it was up to the coach to make sure nothing happened...the coaches were held responsible for their actions...

Well, I guess were going to try and take it to Alvin....thanx for the luck. ;)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="853200" timestamp="1285108808"]

We use to practice when your team showed up(and it was up to the head coach to follow the rules)...and your team was...YOUR TEAM.  It seems like this league went to some serious micro managing?  When did this happen? and Why?

I remember when we wouldn't get participation from the parents(conscessions, play monitors, etc..Jay wouldn't allow the games to start...lol!  somebody always came down..
[/quote]

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

TIFI states the time limit in which teams can practice and considers all four levels as one team. so when practice starts at the predisegnated time all four levels should start at that time and finish at the predesignated time. We dont want to give TIFI any reason to remove us from the league. Starting and finishing practices "whenever we feel like it" gives them the excuse they need to say we are extending practices. Trivial as this may seem to some it is very serious to them. You've been in this game a long time Sarge and you seen what its like to have a club thats not organized.

As far as Coaches being held accountable I think you know that answer already  ;).  The staff give the coaches alot of leeway but if he starts messing up The staff or a parent will talk to him.  ;D

Mary is correct in the TIFI crackdown coming from a very small amount of coaches skirting the rules for an advantage. We dont make the rules but have to abide by them. Why chance it when there are three teams on their way to an undefeated season and the potentential threat to have four teams (Yes you guys still have a chance at a superbowl run) bringing the championships back to Beaumont for only the second time in Bulls history. When is the last time you heard "Powerhouse" and Bulls in the same sentence? They are refering to us as just that. They know we are coming and are bringing the game to them.  Believe me when I tell you this, the Houston clubs are on point and watching us this year. For instance were you aware that we had a coach from another team challange the Bulls and a potential forfeit due to some players wearing shields on their helmets. Luckily the Bulls staff had done their homework and followed the rules and had all the players in question turn in release forms for the shields before the season started. Hows that for rules and "Micro Managing". Like I said, They are watching us this year...

As far as parents not participating. Well they cant all be like you and me Right Sarge  ;) .

Seriously we have a great bunch of parents this year and most are willing to help. I think most of the parents are on board and are stepping up now that they realise that without concession or Monitors that we can not field a team or host games. The club only has 15 min to field a team which includes Monitors, chains, players, coaches etc and we get ALOT of leeway from Bob but Trust me when I say this. He will pull the plug and call a game if we cant get this accomplished. All the parents know this now and hopefully understand how important it is to have all these key folks in place now.

I hope this helps you out..

But you have any more issues please feel free to contact one of the board and discuss this with them.

See you in Alvin...

[quote name="BMTBULLSFAN" post="854132" timestamp="1285228677"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71631.msg853200#msg853200 date=1285108808]

We use to practice when your team showed up(and it was up to the head coach to follow the rules)...and your team was...YOUR TEAM.  It seems like this league went to some serious micro managing?  When did this happen? and Why?

I remember when we wouldn't get participation from the parents(conscessions, play monitors, etc..Jay wouldn't allow the games to start...lol!  somebody always came down..
[/quote]

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

TIFI states the time limit in which teams can practice and considers all four levels as one team. so when practice starts at the predisegnated time all four levels should start at that time and finish at the predesignated time. We dont want to give TIFI any reason to remove us from the league. Starting and finishing practices "whenever we feel like it" gives them the excuse they need to say we are extending practices. Trivial as this may seem to some it is very serious to them. You've been in this game a long time Sarge and you seen what its like to have a club thats not organized.

As far as Coaches being held accountable I think you know that answer already  ;).  The staff give the coaches alot of leeway but if he starts messing up The staff or a parent will talk to him.  ;D

Mary is correct in the TIFI crackdown coming from a very small amount of coaches skirting the rules for an advantage. We dont make the rules but have to abide by them. Why chance it when there are three teams on their way to an undefeated season and the potentential threat to have four teams (Yes you guys still have a chance at a superbowl run) bringing the championships back to Beaumont for only the second time in Bulls history. When is the last time you heard "Powerhouse" and Bulls in the same sentence? They are refering to us as just that. They know we are coming and are bringing the game to them.  Believe me when I tell you this, the Houston clubs are on point and watching us this year. For instance were you aware that we had a coach from another team challange the Bulls and a potential forfeit due to some players wearing shields on their helmets. Luckily the Bulls staff had done their homework and followed the rules and had all the players in question turn in release forms for the shields before the season started. Hows that for rules and "Micro Managing". Like I said, They are watching us this year...

As far as parents not participating. Well they cant all be like you and me Right Sarge  ;) .

Seriously we have a great bunch of parents this year and most are willing to help. I think most of the parents are on board and are stepping up now that they realise that without concession or Monitors that we can not field a team or host games. The club only has 15 min to field a team which includes Monitors, chains, players, coaches etc and we get ALOT of leeway from Bob but Trust me when I say this. He will pull the plug and call a game if we cant get this accomplished. All the parents know this now and hopefully understand how important it is to have all these key folks in place now.

I hope this helps you out..

But you have any more issues please feel free to contact one of the board and discuss this with them.

See you in Alvin...

[/quote]
Like you stated, I'm sure there's an "X" on the organization especially with three of the four teams being undefeated.  How long will we wait till we move the practice time to 5:30?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="825403" timestamp="1281807967"]
Thank you....our team is loaded with athletes...size...if we only had some coaches... [size=18pt]LOL[/size]

[size=18pt][move][u][b][size=18pt]JK[/size][/b][/u][/move]

[move] :D :D :D :D :D[/move]
[/quote]

What association are the Bulls affiliated with?

Bulls play with TIFI  Texas Intercity Football Inc,  based in the Houston area.
They did play in the Long Star league for two years a few years ago, but started with TIFI many years ago, and then returned there. 

Sgt the board is really doing a great job and has the teams best interest at heart.  The AD has been there long enough to know about the little bitty rules.  You can always talk to the board and you know where to find me.  There is always a X on beaumont, they hate making that long drive down here. 

[quote name="SgtRey" post="858882" timestamp="1285588194"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=71631.msg858708#msg858708 date=1285549530]
Congrats to the Bulls ,  Freshman, Juniors and Seniors won vs Alvin,  Soph lost 0-6.  All Avlin teams were undefeated.  Great job. 
[/quote]
two TD's were called back... :(
[/quote]
This dude has an excuse for everything...:)

Guest lonestar crooks
[quote name="Clydefan" post="865697" timestamp="1286220697"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71631.msg858882#msg858882 date=1285588194]
Congrats to the Bulls ,  Freshman, Juniors and Seniors won vs Alvin,  Soph lost 0-6.  All Avlin teams were undefeated.  Great job. 
[/quote]
[/quote]
This dude has an excuse for everything...:)
[/quote]has CL got those boils fixed on his face yet?

[quote name="Clydefan" post="865697" timestamp="1286220697"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71631.msg858882#msg858882 date=1285588194]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[b]This dude has an excuse for everything[/b]...:)
[/quote]
Except for you.... ;D

[quote name="mfd814" post="865777" timestamp="1286226236"]

Except for you.... ;D
[/quote]

LOL   I went by practice last week, you were busy coaching, heard everyone won this weekend. congrats
[/quote]
Yeah...we had a good week...everyone is working hard...we travel this week to Clearlake.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami