Lamar vs. McNeese St. Predictions?

I am a Lamar Grad also .... I was attending Lamar when we beat McNeese the last year they had the football program.  It was a great game.  I predict that our boys will come out fighting and it will be a good game.  I usually go for the underdog and so my prediction will be Lamar with a close win .... 21-20      GO BIG RED !!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="McNeese72" post="836339" timestamp="1283355093"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=71507.msg836329#msg836329 date=1283353957]
Doc:

What type of reception should visiting fans expect Saturday.  Should I bring a hard hat or just leave the rabbit ears at home?
[/quote]

Usually, visiting fans get a good reception in the tailgate areas.   You may get a little good natured ribbing but, if you are friendly and go introduce yourself, you will probably get offered all kinds of food and drink.

At the game, you should be okay.   We have a several fans that sit above the visiting section in P & O that have caused a little trouble before but we have tried to calm those guys down.   If you encounter them, best thing to do is just ignore them.  Best not to have rabbit ears with those guys.

If you get there in the afternoon, come to our tailgate area (spots 14 & 16 in the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area - numbers are painted on the roadway) and introduce yourself.   If you get there after the Band marches through the tailgate area at about 6PM, it will be too late as we will be putting stuff up to go to the stadium.

As fans from all over the country that have been down and tailgated with us will agree, "We will tailgate with you before the game, try to beat the heck out of your team during the game, and then tailgate some more with you after the game no matter the result".

Doc

[/quote]

My wife and I went and watch Sam Houston play there last season and we had a good time...you will be razzed during the game especially if you sit on the student side as we did, but they seemed to take as good as they give so it ended up being a great time...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="825311" timestamp="1281761053"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=71507.msg824045#msg824045 date=1281373667]
Granted this by far our toughest game this year.
[/quote]

Not even close. LU plays at SFA. Thats Southland Conference Champion, two-rounds-deep SFA which has all everything 2009 SLC Player of the Year Jeremy Moses returning...

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moses_jeremy00.html

[/quote]

71-3.  Any questions?  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont