News out of Chester

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros
Chester drops from 11 Man to Six Man Football until the next realignment. 14-1A2 is now a four team district with Burkeville, Evadale, High Island and Sabine Pass.

Does anybody know if Burkeville, Evadale or Sabine Pass have been able to fill the empty space left by Chester going to 6 man?  High Island is trying to get a game on the date of their earlier open date and just use the Chester hole as their open date.

[quote name="little d" post="817110" timestamp="1278708835"]
Will Chester be playing in a district next year? I know it's a outlaw schedule this year ,just wondering about next year.
[/quote]

I don't know.  I had originally thought they would have to play outlaw (as a 6 man indy) both years, but the article seems to indicate they may be in a UIL district next year, doesn't it?

[quote name="bronco1" post="817358" timestamp="1278793000"]
So, most likely other 6 man schools will have to expand their schedules to fit them in this year.
[/quote]

Not really.  There was a private school out of Bellville that had scheduled several games but had to drop them because they didn't have enough to field a team.  They did that about the time that Coach Holton first met with Dr. Kent and it was decided that Chester would be doing 6 man.  So Chester was able to slide into some of those games.  Plus, there are a lot of Houston area private schools that play 6 man that had openings.  I haven't seen the schedule yet (I am waiting, Coach Holton!), but I have heard that the schedule may have at least seven, and maybe more, games on the schedule.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder